has anyone had a ct angiogram on the abdomen?

Hi, i am booked for a ct angiogram on my stomach tomorrow and I have made the mistake of googling it and Im now Im scared stiff! Can anyone tell me what their procedure was like and how they felt afterwards? Thanks x

Hi Karen,

I had a CT angiogram and abdominal scan last December. I’m waiting for an elective DIEP flap double mastectomy and my plastic surgeon asked I have one so that he could have a detail of where my major blood vessels are for easy access during surgery. All went well and it was over with in 5 mins. The nurse injected a tracer into my arm and then I was passed through the scanner. It’s very open and I didn’t feel claustrophobic at all. It did feel a little like chemo when administered, but that only lasted seconds, although I did have a bit of a headache and was tired for the rest of the day. Hope that’s of some help and all the best for tomorrow x x

1 Like

Thanks Weeannie, thats really reassuring. I think I should just stop googling, its not always helpful! xx

I neednt have worried! Apart from a hot flush and feeling like Id wet myself (I hadnt!!) it was all fine xx

Glad that it all went well Karen. It sounds a lot worse than it actually is. The “have I wee’d myself?” feeling is a bit weird though! Perhaps I should’ve mentioned it to you yesterday. But didn’t want to alarm you. X x

:smileywink: thankfully the nurse mentioned it. I needed to go anyway (couldnt find a loo while I was waiting) so if she hadnt I think id have started crying with embarassment thinking I had :slight_smile: xx