has my cancer returned

iwent for my yearly mamogram last week its two years since my treatment for bc finished i had to go back for another mamogram and i had a scan and needle biopsy the doctor said i had two small lumps which he thinks is thickening of fatty tissue and he asked me if i had knocked myself he told me because of my history they were being extra sure but of corse i am worried has anyone else had this and how common is thickening of fatty tissue

I think its quite common,

I too,had to have a needle biopsy after my first annual mammo check, and that came back as fatty tissue (fat necrosis).

It’s great they’re keeping a close eye on you, feel reassured in that. :slight_smile:

xxx

thank you for your reply it helps to know it isnt allways bad news and yes the doctor was great i have had very good medical care right from the begining

I found a lump in November and after several core biopsies were taken, it was found to be fatty necrosis in the scar tissue. It’s nearly 5 years since my diagnosis so I was amazed that this could appear so long after my operation.

Hopefully this is what your lumps are as well.

All the best
Anne

thankyou anne it does reassure me my lump is in a different place from the first time but it does seam fatty lumps are quite common i will try not to panic just yet

I had to have an ultrasound for lumpiness to the scar area before they would discharge me after my 5 years. It was just thick scar tissue.

i have just had the results and sadly i have another cancer in my left breast in another area i now have to have a mastectomy and more chemo i am gutted a thought i had beaten it

Gissele Sorry to hear your back here.Just want send you hugs x

Oh Giselle, that’s rotten. I can’t say anything to make it better, just wanted to send you a virtual hug.

CM
x

Oh Gisselle,
I’m so sorry to hear your results GGGGrrrrrrrrrrrr I hate this crappy BC, when you think your home and dry another thing crops up.

Sending you hugs and strength for the next few weeks, will be thinking of you

Clare xxx

I am so sorry to read your latest diagnosis but we are all here to support you.

Hi Gissele

So sorry to hear your news. I’m back fighting a recurrence after 6 years. Had my MX two weeks ago & waiting to start chemo & rads. At least it’s been found quickly and they’ll soon be treating you to get you clear again. We can fight this b*gger!

Hugs

Twinky x x

thanks for all your comments ime not giving up yet best wishes to everyone out there who is fighting this horrible desease

So sorry you are once again back here with another hurdle. I was also faced with a recurrence a few years ago and it is devastating news. But… it is do-able if not nice. There are a lot of people on here who have gone through and are going through treatment for a recurrence. In some ways I found it easier the second time, but a bit like groundhog day - I wanted it over quickly . Have they given you a timescale yet? Hugs, Mo xxx

Oh, Gissele, Im so sorry to hear your news, after they were saying it could be a fatty lump. There’s always b****y worries with this disease, it never seems to let you relax once its gripped you. Ive got an area on my chest wall which my onc describes as a ‘prominence’ -just keeping an eye on it at present–No one should ever expect to go through chemo again after doing it once!! It’s so unfair. BUT you’ll also find that strength and resolve to fight this new battle, we’ll all support you how we can, I hope they can start your treatment asap, it seems you have a good team there.

cyberhugs, xxx

I’m so sorry you’ve had to join the recurrence club, Gissele. Once you’ve got your treatment plan in place and under way, you’ll start to feel that you’re back in control and ready to take this on again. Remember this is just a blip on the road to NED. And we’re all here to help you along the way. Sending strength and positive energy and lots of hugs, Angelfalls xx

Hi there, I so agree with Angelfalls, this is just a blip, it can be sorted. Mine came back again after 5 years & I was gutted. I was even planning my funeral but that was SEVEN years ago and I am absolutely fine now. You will get through this so just hang in there & be strong.

Love lbx157

Giselle

Also just want add that I’m sorry your going through it again and so soon after the last time… I had a new primary in my other breast three years after my original cancer and then a recurrence 2 years after that and having my last chemo on Thursday then ct planning for rads the following week to see if this is an option or not.

It’s crap but you can get through it… Take care

Lulu x

my op is the 23rd febuary very fast thanks to my doctors i am starting to feel more possative now the comments helped me to look on the brighter side again thankyou all for taking the time to post a comment

Good luck Gissele.It’s just the news none of us wants to hear, but great to see positive posts from other ladies on here.