have i got breast cancer

I have posted this for new user Samantha
Jo, Facilitator

hi to everyone im new 2 this and worried! over the last couple of months i noticed a lump on my right side of my breast didnt think much of it as im only 32 then iv had very bad pains in my back sometimes its a stuggle 2 get up on a morning so i went 2 see my local doctors 2 see whats up with me!she has sent for an emergency app at the breast clinic she has measured my lump at its 3cm by 3cm now im starting 2 get worried. my mother and her sisters have had problems about they breasts my dads 2 sisters and 2 brothers have died with cancer.im keeping all this 2 myself and i havent even told my husband 2 be honset im very scared of the outcome x

Hi Samantha

I am sure your fellow forum users will be along soon with support for you, you are also welcome to call our helpline for further support and a listening ear on 0808 800 6000, the line is open 9am-5pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 9am-2pm. The staff here are breast care nurses or have had experience of breast cancer themselves, it may help to talk your concerns through with someone in confidence, I hope this helps.

Best wishes
Lucy
Facilitator

hi samantha - sorry you’ve had to join us but as least you’ve done the first bit and got the ball rolling - the waiting is horrible and the hardest but a lot of lumps turn out to be non cancer too…I had to wait 2 wks for appt and went through alsorts waiting - at least you can talk to others whilst oh is redoing the house - yes typical man eh!Keep talking on here…mary x