cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

having a hysterectomy while on herceptin and tamoxifen

5 REPLIES 5
angel77

Re: having a hysterectomy while on herceptin and tamoxifen

thanks for your answers . i had the hysterectomy i stopped tamoxifen on the day of surgery for 7 days .. im 8 days post hysterectomy and i feel amazing 🙂 best thing ive had done . had fragmin injections too 28 of them ( thin the blood )
angel77

hi all.. operation is done now . had to stop tamoxifen from the day of the op for a week . restart it again tomorrow x
Butterfly318

Evening Angel

I'm sure like Wendy says that your surgeon would tell you if there were any increased risks with Herceptin.   The only thing i found when having delayed reconstruction surgery was that nobody seemed to know (i mean secretary's and theatre booking staff,  i missed my first theatre slot because my BC nurse forgot to ring me after the MDT - i was devastated to say the least). should stop the Tamoxifen for at least 14 days prior to surgery due to the increased risk of blood clots. Are you aware of this recommendation.?

Hope surgery all goes well.  Take Care  Gilly x

angel77

hi wendy . ive had 10 herceptins and have 8 left . my heart scans have been fine ive had 2 scans so far and no problems . im finding herceptin ok .i dont get any side affects from it at all x sorry to hear you are finding herceptin hard going x thanks for your reply
WP23

Hi angel

I havn't had this but I am sure a surgeon would not carry out this operation if there were any major risks.

How many Herceptin have you had?
has your heart been ok when you have had your regular heart scan?

I am finding Herceptin hard going, although they say it is cumulative from chemo, rads ......

My joints are seriously sore and I have piled on weight, especially around my tummy, so pleased I am on the Persephone trial and only having 9 injections instead of 18.

Hope all goes well for your operation, try not to worry, (easier said than done I know!)

Wendy x
angel77

having a hysterectomy while on herceptin and tamoxifen

hi i am due to have a hysterectomy on 2nd feb 2015 and was wondering if anyone else has had this done while being on tamoxifen and having herceptin ?  just a bit curious as i know the herceptin can cause some damage to the heart . so im getting my self worked up over this worrying .. any info would be great .. thanks in advance xx