headaches and cant take HRT help!!!!

hi all … ive finished chemo and radiotheraphy but still having herceptin (6 left )and on tamoxifen and had a hysterectomy 3 weeks ago … my question is  i have been on tamoxifen for a few months but had to stop for a week due to an operation i restarted tamoxifen again on the 11th of feb this year but am having headaches since i restarted them im now thinking its affects of the menopause…so i just want to know is anyone else suffering with headaches and cant take HRT … i am going to ring my doctor tomoz and ask if there is anything i can take because i cant go on like this all the time . im a miserable thing

Hi angel77

I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your post yet.  I hope you managed to speak to your doctor.  You could also contact our helpline for information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Angel

did they remove your ovaries too?

I had my ovaries removed which meant that Tamoxifen is no longer of any use and commenced on Anastrazole which depleats the production of oestrogen in the rest of your body.

If this is the case they should have stopped your tamoxifen or will do so…

Regards

Donna