cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hello guys, sorry I have been so quiet, I am back lol

9 REPLIES 9
El_Katrano

Re: hello guys, sorry I have been so quiet, I am back lol

Hi SGL - that's a lot of chemo in one go! Mine was every 3 weeks, so week 3 just before next lot I had a bit of respite.
Get through it as quickly as you can! xxx

emmbee

HI Jules,

Hope all is well with you. Every day is different. Hopefully you are having some good ones. It's time you did.

I am doing okay thanks.

E xx

Lavenderlassie

Never mind how much it costs, Jules,
a) You're worf it
and
b) It is a lot cheaper than an admission to hospital!

keep on trucking
Lavender
xx

Clare37

SGL - so sorry youve had such an awful time, hope the neulasta does the trick for your bloods and you can get back on track x

Ive only had one chemo and got next one planned for next week but yesterday was told my white cells are too low so im having to have injections every day for few days (neupogen/filgrastim) i hate it and my bones hurt every time i move, i feel like im 100 but hopefully it will do the trick and wont delay next chemo. Im also worried about germs, had some retail therapy planned today as im supposed to be out of danger period now but darent go out, taking temp religiously as the thought of being admitted to hosp scares me

f_in_limbo

hi so glad to hear from you was so worried about you.Hope you are feeling better.
Fi xxx

stargazerlily

Emmbee, I was offered the district nurse or told I could administer it myself!!! I was given a demo on a rubber ball! I got hubby to do it for me, and it was painless. I had to be admitted to A and E a few weeks back, and even though the out of hours doctor faxed through it was a right farce. I was left in a car in the heat with a temp, for half an hour. A serious complaint has been made to the health authority.

I hope you are doing ok.

xxJulesxxx

emmbee

Hi Jules,

Gosh, that's a bit much but just go from day to day and it will soon pass. I had my chemo every 3 weeks and was told that the injection would last from one chemo to the next. I suppose it depends on how much you were given. The injections are expensive so it's good to hear that you are being given the best. I was given mine immediately after the chemo. I was told that it would be the day after and the district nurse would come. I said 'oh please' I will be feeling well on that day and I don't want to waste it waiting for the nurse. They were very good and agreed I could have it the same time as chemo. I must say that I did not have any reaction to the Neulasta. Just remember to keep taking your temp. If it goes high contact your emergency number, don't go to A&E, too many germs there. When I was neutrophenic at night we contacted the emergency doc and persuaded him to arrange direct admission which he did. Your Gp can do this during the day. I am sure that all will be well but it's best to be prepared. Get lots of rest, lots of fluid and treats.

Fingers crossed for the rest of your treatment.

E xx

I remember feeling the same as you about catching germs. We told everyone to keep away if they had colds. Still, you do need some fresh air so do go for a walk when you can.

stargazerlily

Hi Emmbee

Lovely to hear back from you. No I am having six cycles of two. Day one and day eight, then day fifteen off. Yesterday was day one off third cycle, so five down, seven to go. I am wondering if they will give me another injection next week after the next one, or will this injection cover me for that period too.

I went out to the shops with hubby briefly, but was worried sick that I would get germs, as they said my neutrophils would have dropped even more this morning, before the injection which had to be administered 24 hours after chemo. I wore a big scarf round my face and anyone who came near me i made sure I tightened it lol I must have looked so funny. I was told the injections are very very expensive. A friend on FB said £700!!!!! I had it at six and am now feeling quite light headed and woozy. Not sickly, like when you have a sleeping tablet, is that what happened when you had it.

xxx

emmbee

Hi Jules,

Good to hear from you.

I was really ill with Neutrophenic sepsis. Admitted to hospital for three days. After that I had an injection of Neulasta after every Tax. No problems after that so I hope all will be well with you now.

Is the next chemo your last. Hope so.

Take care,

E xx

stargazerlily

hello guys, sorry I have been so quiet, I am back lol

I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and hoping that people are doing as well as can be expected with there chemo.

Had a few problems so have kept away as didn't want to come on here and depress people, but wanted to come and say hi again today!

Had my fifth chemo yesterday and was told my bloods were .8 so I am neutrophenic. They suggested stopping treatment for a week and seeing how my bloods were, but I got really upset as don't want to stop. He agreed to continue, but I have had a Neulasta injection today, which will hopefully bring my bloods back up again.

Much love and hugs to all of you.

Jules xxxx