hello

I have just found this support network and I have been diagnosed with secondary bc for 2 years now.  I have been at a low ebb and now am making baby steps forward.  It is the first time I have been in touch with anyone who has what I have and its good im not alone with it all.

Hello Lorsie

Welcome. I am sorry that your diagnosis has meant you need to join us but having had secondaries now for over 3 years I have found the site a tremendous help with the support of the lovely ladies on here. Most of the ladies post on the Bone thread irrespective of where the mets are but it really doesnt matter. Whilst I dont post that often I always read all the posts. I am so pleased to learn that you are making small steps forward. If you have any questions or just want to have a rant sometimes its fine - somebody will have experienced similar thoughts / experiences I am sure which they can share. So welcome again and take care xx

Lorsie - you are not alone on here. There are fabulous ladies ready and willing to listen and support you. Most of us hang out on the bone mets thread even if we don’t have bone mets so please feel free to join in when you’re ready. You might want to repost on there introducing herself and your dx. Then people with similar dx can help and support you. I have bone and lung mets and wouldn’t be in the good place I am now without these lovely ladies. Welcome to the club xxx

Hi lorsie. Welcome to our group. Lots of lovely ladies to support you…to give you a hug or listen or offer advice. I was only dx in may with lung mets so this is all pretty new to me too. I have to say ive had loads of support here as it was a very scary time for me.
Lots of love and hugz and good luck! xxx

Hi Lorsie and welcome to the BCC forums
Along with the support you already have here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Here’s a link to the BCC secondary information and support which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Lorsie, sorry you find yourself here but it’s a very supportive place. Do keep in touch. X