cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help! I'm starting TC next week

5 REPLIES 5
Kellc

Re: help! I'm starting TC next week

I had the steroids the day before chemo and then for a further two days(four tablets twice a day) I also had anti sickness tablets if I needed them. I was usually constipated for a few days after but found that prune juice worked. I had the injections to boost the white blood for seven days starting three days after chemo my son did them for me. The first couple made me ache a little but no major problems.

I slept a lot you ust have to listen to your body.

I lost all my hair a couple of weeks after my first chemo.

Gaynor1

Hi, I have decided to go ahead and have my 1st chemo on Friday. They are going to give me my steroid on the day rather than tablets before. Did you do this ? And did you suffer any SE from the steroids and/ or the injections
for your count boost?
How are you doing with your hair loss the chemo nurse has said that with these drugs my hair may thin only!!!
I've due to start chemo next week and have been told it's be 4 x TC and would really like to find out what I should expect . Is anybody else having this ??
Any tips for my first session would be appreciated
Hope you are doing well now
X

Kellc

I have just finished four chemos of TC and for the first two I ended up in hospital for a week as I was neutropenic.No 2 and 3 I had inections at home to boost the white blood cell and they mad a big difference I was fine.So there is no need to suffer.I was grade 3 and no nodes and improved chances by five percent but as I was triple negative I decided to have the chemo any chance is worth taking.

You may be fine as others on my face book group have had it and the have been on. At the end of the day it is a personal decision.

Good luck

Gaynor1

Thanks WP23 for your kind advice and sharing of your experience. I am really struggling to come to terms with this recommended chemo regime as I am node negative but a grade 3. I have had an oncotype dx test which gives me only a 4% benefit and I am really wondering whether the benefit outward the SE particularly of TC as its seems to be a really harsh regime. As I am a borderline case for chemo I am really surprised I have been given this regime. I have been quite under the weather this week and felt quite poorly with serious upset stomach and flulike symptoms and feel so down already and I've not even started chemo yet I'm not sure I'm going to get through this or even that it is for me!
WP23

Hi Gaynor1

I had TC last year, was part of the July 14 thread.

Everyone's experience is different, I was very lucky and sailed through Chemo, no hospital admissions at all. Yes, it is a kick up the backside for a few days, but i would compare it to childbirth, you soon forget!!!

I took all the advice given, took all the meds given to me and listened to my body, when it said stop, i stopped. I tried to keep as much routine to life as possible, i never once missed hanging the washing out or ironing (unfortunately)!!

I have since had 3 weeks of rads and 6 months of herceptin as i was HER2 positive, ER negative. Finished in April this year. My legs, feet and hands are still quite week and achey most days but it is a small price to pay.

I have just walked 5K race for life today with 2 of my daughters and it was brilliant, we raised £600 for cancer research.

I hope everything goes well for you, listen to your body.

Good luck

Wendy x

Gaynor1

help! I'm starting TC next week

I've due to start chemo next week and have been told it's be 4 x TC and would really like to find out what I should expect . Is anybody else having this ??