help needed plz

hiya i am 4 weeks post op and for the first couple of days all was fine,when i left hosp had no dressing on breast woke up 1 morning and my bra was very badly stained with blood, seen the surg twice since this started been on 2 courses of antibiotics although surg said its not infected. reason i need help is nurses have been dressing it over the past couple of weeks so only peeked at the now hole in my new breast, but today nurse phoned to say they couldnt get out and could i change dressing myself so had to have a good nosey. its very open with brown watery gunk quite red and somtime painful, to see surg tomorrow again ive already had some gunk and dead tissue removed last week will this need to happen again any1 any ideas how i can get this to heal,im getting very upset by it all thought i was coping quite well but now all i do is cry. will i need more surgery will i loose the recon completly im scared and going stir crazy here thanks

Hi mumoftwo

I’m sorry you’re having such a rough time. I’m afraid I can’t really help. I had no recon so haven’t any experience of what is happening to you. I’m bumping you up in the hope someone else will come along who can help. All I can suggest is that you phone your BCN in the morning to get the answers to your questions. It’s a pity the BCC helpline isn’t available outside office hours.

I hope you manage to get some good rest tonight.

best wishes

Jan xx

Hi mumof two, Sorry I cannot help either and it must be stressful for you just now. Try and get some rest tonight if you possibly can. Will be thinking about you tomorrow. Let us know how you get on…support and hugs…from Val

Hi Mumoftwo. I have had to have my implant removed 3 times, the last time being on saturday as emergency surgery. The first 2 times was because it had moved and this time was because it was starting to come out of my wound!! I have suffered with leakage for weeks and it can be because of a number of different reasons. I dont think your going to get a conclusive answer until your see your consultant so try not to worry too much tonight (easier said than done, i know!)
please let us know how you get on tomorrow. I will be keeping everything crossed for you!!!
Out of curiosity did you have an ld recon?

deed
xx

hiya deed was a diep recon i had tummy healing realy well just the boob feel it going very hard and throbing surg said last week was due to wound breakdown and poor blood supply was having a wobble again. have been looking on ur post wound wont heal and i saw somone put in msm went and googled it said it was for joint pain am i looking at the wrong thing does anyone know and has anyone else tryed it