cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hi

23 REPLIES 23
kittenkat

Re: hi

ooops didn't read your post properly...glad its sorted!!

kittenkat

hi cory - I'm doing well - was whisked away for a night in hotel for my wedding anniversary yesterday and had a lovely time!! Have picc line on tuesday then first chemo wed.....dreading it but want to get going with it all at the same time....maryx
ps hope you get your prob sorted soon...take care

corydory

Its alright now. Got it sorted & on drops to clear infection. Feeling much better now. X

Kittenkat - hows things going with you?

corydory

Hi all
Can you believce this lot? Yesterday I went for pre-op assessment. As it happenes I have a mastoid ear that occasionally has a discharge. Sometimes its ok, other times I need anti-biotics to clear it up. Usually I will leave it for a few days to see how it goes as it can dry up on its own. But because I am due for the op I decided it might be better if I arrange a visit to my local mastoid clinic (have to do this as they are the only ones who can medicate the ear!!!) and make sure it is not infected and if it is I have time to get it cleared before I have the op.
So went to my GP, explained above & GP faxed clinic to inform them of my situation. they said they will send appt in post!! Not saying when for, In past it has been a few weeks down the line. So now i risk not getting my op due to infection and then waiting for anti biotics to work which could be another week or so which I am scared will mean me having Chemo before the op just to get some treatment for the cancer. I ahve rung the breast care nurse at our local hospital & left a message for her to get back to me. Last thing i want is this thing in me any longer than I have to & I dont want to risk having chemo or missing the op date.
It takes about 2 seconds for them to look in my ear at the clinic and an infection can be cleared in a matter of days if I catch it early enough so what are they playing at????? UPSET

kittenkat

hi, well at least you have it out of the way - I ahd the same, a wle/lumpectomy and node sampling but they took all mine and I had 1 involved so I'm down the chemo road then radiotherapy....10th won't be long coming round, I'm feeling better these days so thats good...keep well,mary x

corydory

Kittenkat - well got through today. Have invasive cancer tumour. It will be removed along with some lymph nodes on Mar 10th. Will have a blue dye put into my breast during surgery. The dye will show any further cancer and will be visible on my breast for about 6 months. If all is well, about 3 /4 weeks after op I have readiotherapy for 3/4 weeks. Only if there is further cancer will I need chemo so not even going there just yet. Not sure how much breast will go but not talking about a full mastectomy so looking good so far. Have been informed i will have a few appointments to keep. Hope you are feeling ok. Thanks for your support. Keep smiling if you can XXX

kittenkat

thinking of you...mary x

corydory

Hi KittenKat - yes its tomorrow. Have been in work today, trying to get things sorted a bit. I guess it helped even if i didn't get much done! Am feeling a bit sick on and off now. Just dont know what will be said tomorrow. I am not doing so bad with the sleeping bit. I am waking up a few times in the night but last night I was so tired I hardly got my head on the pillow. Totally out of it. Have to say I have been feeling quite tired and also feeling cold a lot. I think its nerves or summat. I am eating ok mainly because my hubby and i have been going out for meals just to get our minds off it (but it doesn't work!) The thing with all this is that it happens so quickly. 2 weeks ago my life was just ordinary and now it seems like its been taken over by this, to the point where I am not sure if i really appreciate whats happening. Just dreading tomorrow. Phew!! there's some flippin brave people around when you think about it. You seem to have been through so much. I am still trying to understand the different terminology but guess I will pick it up as things progress. My understanding just now is that the lump will be removed, followed by Radiotherapy unless its spread and then will need Chemo. I am probably wrong but thats about as much as i understand just now. How did you know to suspect the grading?
Hope you get the right result for HER2 you deserve summat to go right for you. Fingers crossed for us all. Write soon. xxx

kittenkat

corydory - its a horrible time - full of shock and dread, I felt sick for ages, went off food - rare fullstop for me as a bit of a porker and lost 12lbs in a week - just looked forward to going to bed where I felt safe but yet couldn't sleep well at all - GP gave me some sleeping tabs which I took half of one and it helped. The surgery was done as a day patient - in a t 07.30 and home by 14.50 including 45 mins travel!! Felt a bit rushed I must admit but there you go, thats the way it goes, and take the painkillers don't be a martyr although it wasn't too bad at all. Most places at least seem to keep you overnight for a lumpectomy/wle.
Mine was a grade 3 as suspected - a lot of younger ones are even though I'm 43 and feel more like 73 since all this started sometimes, they took all my nodes, 1 was involved so it put me on the chemo track as belt and braces treatment, I'm just waiting to start that any day. Its sensitive to hormones ie oestrogen positive (they never mentioned progesterone and I forgot to ask) so that will mean tablets of tamoxifen after treatment for 5 yrs - chemo then radiotherapy then if it turns out to be Her2 positive it'll be Herceptin for a year too - so thats all I'm waiting for the her2 results.....would be great for it to be neg and then I could forget the herceptin....we shall see....
I'm glad you have good support, I do too and thank god every day for that, like you say not everyone does and it can only be far harder.You'll have good days and crap days and mixed days - I thought I was doing great after surgery and saw oncologist last week and felt really tearful and anxious all over again.....3 steps forward and 1 back I suppose. This site helps just to know you're not alone even though you know that, it helps to think of others too and makes you see just how common this horrible illness is - I think everyone hates that C word - abnormal cells which is all a lump is sounds better, get rid of them and have the treatment which ok is gonna be hard but is needed. You might not need chemo, my hubby's aunt is 62 and had the same thing and didn't and is having just rads after her surgery....will be thinking of you anyway, is it tomorrow you go?? Mary x

corydory

Hi Kittenkat & Marion. Thanks for the support. Been a really strange weekend. Not sure how I feel just now because it feels like its all about someone else & come tuesday I dont know what to expect! I dont know what to ask because I dont have a clue about cancer. Only thing i do know is I want the lump out of me and the sooner the better. I hate it just by the fact thats its name is cancer. Not sure how much of my breast will need to be taken away. My lump is top front of my breast. Its pretty hard but according to the ultra sound its small at 16mm.
Kittenkat - is everything ok now that your lump has gone? Does it hurt? Are you waiting for more results? (Like 20 questions this!)

Have to say I am lucky to have my friends and family and a job where I will be paid etc. There must be some people who have to cope with this alone and have the added worry of how to cope with paying their bills as well. Am not well off or anything, just i will be paid when I am off work which is a blessing.
I am 53 and have been married for 36 years. My husband is 14 years older than me. We have one son aged 35 years. My husband and son are both great guys so thats me lucky again. Also have great sister, brothers & their children so not all bad.
Since my biopsies i have had intermittent burning sensation under my arm and felt a bit stiff around my arm pit. Some bruising but generally not too bad.
Its great to hear from you - looking forward to another chat. Again, thanks for your support XX

CaroleD

Hi Marion and Corydory

Sorry you're here and at the same time Welcome. Any time you want to ask anything, say anything, just download how you feel, fire away. This forum is the most amazing place with the most amazing people and keeps me going.

It's a difficult time, but just keep taking those steps forward, and know that everybody here is right with you.

Carole

kittenkat

hi corydory - sorry you're joining the ranks but hey they're good ranks to be part of! I was diagnosed on jan 7th and had surgery on jan 28th so just over 3 wks ago - lumpectomy with node removal....its good to talk to peeps that have been through it and are going through it and I have met so many lovely people on here. Do you have a family? I have 2 kids - 10 and nearly 16 and live in shropshire/powys border area.....mary x

sandra44

Hi Corydory,welcome to our mad club,there are no hard and fast rules how to behave just let it all out,good , bad ,indifferent,funny or just plain strange,we don't mind,we are all in this together and I'm so glad I found this place. Great for info ,support and comfort.

You sound like me,i got a lump too ! Diagnosed 29th Jan.All I know is it's a grade two,going for lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy on Monday,can't come quick enough,the waiting is driving me bonkers !
Keep chatting and let us know how you get on.Good luck.

Big hugs

Sandra x

corydory

Hello all - I am just a newby too. Diagnosed Wednesday. Lump in L breast. To see another doc on tuesday 24th. to arange for op. dont really know what to expect. Seems to be so many different experiences & different cancers. Dont know anything about mine except that it is a lump that is cancer and it will be taken out & then results to come about what stage its at etc. (i think).
I too not feeling ill, a bit sore following biopsies and tired due to stress but not ill. Glad i found this site. So much to share with so many & good to know that its ok to feel angry, afraid and a bit sick at times.
I wish you all loadsa luck. XX
I know people who have been here and are out the other side now & doing ok. That'll be us an all I reckon. x

Rosie_Womble

Hi Marion

Thinking about you today, hope all goes really well and that you feel as good tomorrow as i do today!

big hug
Rosie

gobby

hi marion keep your chin up and most of all be positive, i had my surgery bilateral mastectomy and tram reconstruction in january 07 followed by radiotherapy,i am just waiting for my nipples,it all seems such a long time ago, one minuite you are devastated and feel you are on a rollercoaster and cant get off ,and before you know it your back at work wondering where the time went.as i told my family i aint going nowhere yet, you will get through this it makes you a stronger person and you will have a different outlook on life,me i grab it with both hands and make the most of every day.

love gobby

Rosie_Womble

Hi Marion

Just wondering how you're doing? There isn't too much longer to wait for the ops now for either of us, thank goodness.

I feel very blessed in my friends, several of whom are now lined up for the post-op period to deal with everything from shopping, to helping me wash my hair, to making cups of tea and generally putting the world to rights... so what with them and all the lovely people on this website I reckon I have lots to be thankful for.

I've already popped my virtual head into the 'undergoing treatment' section and there's a thread called 'Storm riders..' which is proving very interesting - I'm adopting a new alter ego, 'Calamity Jane' for that one!

All the very best for Friday,
Big Hug
Rosie

JanRaw

Hi Marion,
I wish you all the best for your surgery. I had a masectomy (left boob) and all nodes removed on 7th January. The operation was not as bad as I'd thought, and was home the next day, just needed the odd paracetamol,mainly for a headache! The stress is awful, but you are not alone on here, there will be someone to talk to when ever you want. My son made me come on forum, and I am so glad he did as I was getting in a right old state about everything. Once again I wish you the best for your operation and will talk to you soon.
Best wishes
Jan x

binkie

I should add best wishes to all of you for your forthcoming surgery.

I had my surgery last year - and it was in no way as bad as I had imagined.

xx

binkie

Hi Marion

I saw your post on another thread and sent you a personal message and an invite to become my contact - should you wish to have a chat privately.

I just wanted to wish you all the very best for Friday.

Best wishes
xx

heatheruk

Hi Marion I am in simular position to you I was diagnosed on the 27th of January, But have not got a date for the mastectomy yet. I had to have a MRI scan that was booked for another reason, but they said they cant operate till after the MRI and that was today, so hopefully I will get a date soon. I cant beleive this is happening to me,I have other heath problems for a few years and I thought that was enough for me, but now they give me something else to deal with.
Good look with your op, and you Sandra, hope everything goes well for you both.
Heather
xxxxxxx

sandra44

Hi Marion, you sound similar to me,I found out a week ago that I have a grade 2 tumour,don't know much else apart from that,go in for lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy 22nd feb. I'm trying to be very practical about it all,it's there and I will do what I have to to get rid of it and get on with my life,maybe a bit simplistic but it works for me. Being on here is a great comfort as we are all in the same boat in varying degrees.There is no right or wrong way to deal with this,but we are all here to help,inform and support each other,ooh, I'm in positive mode today. Take care and big hugs.

Sandra x

Rosie_Womble

Hi Marion

Sorry to hear that you're in this same boat, but you and I are at just about the same place in the process so hopefully can help each other throught it. Had my result (invasive BC) last Friday and going in for mastectomy (right boob) and lymph node removal next Thursday (12th Feb).

It's all happened very fast and I know the same feeling of it all being unreal - I feel fine, I'm not ill, how can this be happening?

There always seem to be people logged on to this site, even at silly-o'clock in the morning, which is great if you'er wide awake and fretting.

Hope this helps - big hug from
Rosie Womble

marionf

hi

hi i was diagnosed with breast cancer on monday 2 feb i dont really know how i feel as i think i am going to wake up and it has all been a bad dream i go for my op on the 13th im 52 years old with 2 grown up children a boy and a girl and my hubby who have been great but i feel so alone the op and everything else i may face is not a problem just so long as it all works i live in southport and would love to chat love marion