hickman line....fed up

Ok, have had two attempts at picc line and it failed. No vein in left arm would take, got it in the right but wouldn’t go through. Now on emergency list for Hickman as chemo due to start on wed. Have been trying so hard to keep positive, but this has really got to me. I don’t care about having to have a line in, but following 2 trips to hospital bruised and poked arms, I just am fed up it didn’t work. Nothing is simple, I can get my head round most stuff, but when stuff goes wrong, or doesn’t go to the plan in my head it sucks. I hate this vile crap for all it has taken from me, and the fact I have spent my weekend being poked for nothing;!!

Hi vic55

I’m sorry to read you’re having a tough time with hickman line.  May I suggest you give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk through your furstrations and how you feel with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open Monay to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Thanks marli, know am being bit precious…its just all a bit much sometimes

Exactly!!! Apart from one small pesky lump zero other symptoms. It was only when they started poking me stuff hurt!!!

Ahh marli, how lovely, actually all is good. Screw this cancer crap I currently feel great! Hickman line went in fine, had first chemo blast on 10th, and bar some tiredness, 1st cycle went well. Managed to work a couple of mornings this week, and just got back from hospital where had free Reiki session. Feeling chilled, relaxed and looking forward to sunny weekend with family. Hope you are good x