holiday insurance

holiday insurance

holiday insurance hiya all hope u all well im goin on holiday soon n im lookin for insurance ! on the web u jus tell them n go but i dunno wether u av to declare your illness or what! im in remission at the mo (since march) but still a little unsure wot to do any help would be really appreciated thanks to you all xxxxxxxxx

Declare. Hi mojomac,

I think all insurance you need to let them know anything that affects you, if you do not they have a get out clause that means they do not need to to honour any of the cover. My insurance company just made a note of it and said if I was on holiday and the cause of the illness was due to the cancer then I could not claim. As they said Breast Cancer is unlikely to suddenly make you very ill on holiday unless actually in the middle of something like Chemo.

Hope this is some help.

Enjoy your holiday you lucky thing.
TREAKLE xxxxx

hol insurance more expensive Hi mojomac and Treakle

I just insured my hol. but the holiday company wanted to charge a lot more than normal insurance price; I said my husband’s asthma is much more likely to put the kybosh on our holiday than the fact that I once had b.c. but they don’t charge him any more - but they weren’t interested; we eventually insured with someone else but though cheaper than the first comp. they are also charging more because of my history but my husband’s is just standard rate.

Seems unfair - just seems to give them an excuse to get more money which is not justified by the nature of the disease.

Anyone else out there managed to find a more sensible insurance policy?

snowwhite