holiday vaccinations

Hello Girls
I am 20 months post mastectomy and having Zoladex implants monthly I am
thinking of booking a silver wedding holiday for myself and him indoors in the Far East ( Singapore Malasia Thailand ) but worried about the travel jabs I might need.I daren’t upset the old health applecart and wondered if anyone had travelled to such destinations whilst having treatment ? or should I stick to somewhere less exotic.
Love to All
Goldie

The practice nurse in your surgery should be able to advise you what jabs are safe for you. Sometimes if it’s a ‘live’ vaccine they tend not to.

Am envious that you’re thinking of going to Singapore - I used to live there in the 60’s and it was a brilliant place although I probably wouldn’t recognise it now. The only jab I remember having there (and there must have been others but I was a child at the time) was having my cholera jab.

I’ve been to Singapore and Thailand and didn’t have any jabs. I think they recommend Hep A in Thailand but I was just careful to avoid unbottled water, ice cubes, salad and any fruit that hadn’t been peeled and was fine. Sinapore is so unbelievably clean I would be amazed if any vaccinations were recommended and even if they are I would say you would be fine if you didn’t have any. Just remember the mossie spray!
Have a great holiday, Good luck

Thanks for the advice, I shall check with the practice nurse before booking anything

Goldie x