cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

holidays after rads??

6 REPLIES 6
cadi

Re: holidays after rads??

I was on holiday in Cuba a few weeks after I finished rads. I slapped on factor 50 cream and stayed covered up day and night (mozzie bites at night)I wore a tshirt when swimming and was ultra careful. It was a very good excuse to buy more beach coverups and long sleeved evening tops. I didn't have any problems at all. In fact it was a tonic. I went to Egypt a couple of months after returning and again was fine spending a little more time exposed to the sun avoiding 10m - 4pm. Enjoy yourself.

Lulu34

i went to new york exactly 3 weeks after my last rad.... was predicted to snow but the sun shone the whole time and had a fab time.

think a wee holiday after treatment is over should be on prescription.

hope you have fun

Lulu xx

charhie

hi i went on holiday to Turkey 3 days after finishing rads with blessing from onc as long as i was careful.

Annie

weeannie

Hi Nessp

I finished Rads last September and went on a mediterranean cruise 2 weeks later. I know it was October and the sun was not as hot, but the advice I was given was to make sure I had a high factor suncream on and to stay out of the sun at the hottest part of the day.

This is what i would normally do anyway as I am very fairskinned red hair and freckles. The radiologist told me it was okay to go on my cruise. While I was on the cruise I met quite a few women who had just finished their treatment to.

Hope you have a great holiday.

Anne xx

Lady_M

I finish my treatment on the 14th July. I'm on a plane to the middle east that afternoon but i will definately be covering up and slapping sunblock on that area. Not that you can expose yourself there anyway. I will ask the radiographer what she thinks next time i'm there. Oh and it is a free ticket in case you're all wondering whether i'm nuts to be going out there! hehehe

Do what you feel like Ness. If you want to keep your money and put it towards a break next year then do that. If you choose to stay here i hope the weather is good for you.

muffett

Hi Ness, You can travel no problem but you must stay out of the sun for 6 months after treatment, or this is what I was told although very difficult when living in Spain! I do it the spanish way if out in the sun high factor also my fan I hold over my chest as an extra precaution, your skin will be very sensitive to the sun.
If you want a holiday to lay on he beach I would leave it until next year personally.... If not then go for it!

nessp

holidays after rads??

Hi everyone, I start rads 5th July, finishing 29th July. Am I allowed to go abroad a few weeks after(looking at end of August) or is it not advisable? I Know I would have to wear high factor sun cream, avoid sitting in the sun and stay covered up but dont know if its worth booking a foreign holiday or save the money til next year? thanks. Ness xxx