hope

in April 2008 I was diagnosed with TNBC with 1 node affected. I had a WLE, 4 FEC & 4 TAX followed by 30 rads. Today I had my 2years NED and I feel great. I can’t believe that it’s that long since it all happened, it seems like yesterday. I remember thinking at the time that life would never be normal again! Well it is. I call it my ‘new normal’ because things have changed. I just wanted to give people some hope as I remember how important that was to me at the time and some days it still is. I no longer think about BC every day but I am always aware of it. I have been training for the Edinburgh Moonwalk that takes place in a couple of weeks but if anyone had told me I would be doing this even this time last year I would have laughed. Things do get better and there is hope.
Jackie

Thanks so much for this Jackie - it is very timely, i’ve only just t finished chemo and rather than feel happy, all i’ve been feeling is a sense of dread that it’ll come back. It was really good to read your post.

Lynn

x.

Hi Jackie,
Good to read something positive Jackie! all being well l will be starting my chemo in June, and as you say a ‘new’ normal, but that will do for me!
Good Luck for your Edinburgh Moonwalk!

Lynn, Well done on finishing your chemo, every stage is a worry! but fingers crossed for better days ahead xxx

Hope we get lots more positive posts, be good to read them!

Sandra xxx

Hi jackie thanks so much for posting + huge congrats on reaching the 2yr milestone :slight_smile: ! I’m a fellow TNBC’er so know how important the 1st 2yrs are. There aren’t too many success stories around when it comes to tnbc so it’s always great to hear one. I’ve just had my 5th + penultimate chemo ( fec/tax) and I’m feeling quite nervous about finishing treatment next month (not having rads coz got clear margins on my mx). Like you I had one affected node, which was a relief as my tumour was quite big (39mm) so my team were expecting significant lymph node involvement. Thankfully there was no vascular invasion. I’m 32 years old.
Wishing you all the best + thanks again
tina xx