hot flushes...cooking at night!

Ladies

Got cooling pillows, but finding hot flushes bad. Just rank esp at night! Feel like am sweating buckets. I know its the chemo (plus am on zoladex which makes it worse) but anyone got hints / tips to deal with it? Id rather not take more medication but this is just vile.

Acupuncture???

I’m having them too but Evening Primrose oil does seem to be helping. I don’t want to take any ‘proper’ medicine for them, taking enough as it is, but the chemo CNS who’s quite into complementary therapies said if they don’t get better they’ll refer me for acupuncture at the cancer centre.

Anythings worth a try xx

Cheers! Doing exercise when T hasn’t clobbered me, but will try evening primrose.

Hi, the only thing i have found that helps at night is some special bedding. It’s quite expensive but doesn’t stick to you when you,ve soaked it! Apparently it’s very highly processed cotton which actually feels like silk and it wicks the moisture away from your skin. It’s sold by Espere Healthcare. I thinks it’s brilliant. I also have a small elec fan by my pillow! Unfortunately I haven’t found anything to ease the flushes, 5 yrs after I finished chemo, apparently it’s the Arimidex/exemastane hormone therapy causing it, hot flushes have taken over my life. Good luck x