hot flushes

been on tamoxifen 5 weeks hot flushes are coming every hour and night sweats are bad has anyone else had them as bad?

Hi amtw 

Was going to point you to the Hormone Treatmet thread, but see you have already posted there.

poemsgalore xx

Hi amtw, sorry to hear you are having the dreaded hot flushes. I think a lot of the ladies on here suffer them quite badly.
I have been on Anastrozole for over a year and get really bad hot flushes. Feels like hot water pouring over you.
Some tips I have learnt that really help are firstly the Chillowpillow. Google it and various suppliers come up. I bought mine through Amazon at about £24 and best thing I have ever bought! It helps cool you at night time especially and to get some sleep. I am buying another to take on holiday as they do a mini version.
Another tip is mini handbag battery fans, another Godsend!. I have them all over the place. We also have ceiling electric fans with lights in our two main rooms and of course portable ones . I have a smaller version to also put by bed in night during winter as the ceiling really cools everything down even my poor hubby!.
I have to attend a lot of meetings and used to get embarrassed but I just tell everyone" sorry folks I am having a hot moment " and everyone just understands .
Some things like alcohol and spicy food make me worse so it is also about avoiding these in public if it helps.
I know it is hard taking these tablets but I would prefer to stick with it if it helps keep my cancer at bay. You do get used to them but that is because you will learn to manage the flushes as time hoes on. Be strong and keep cool!. Take care, Katy.