cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how did you recieve your results

24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

Re: how did you recieve your results

thank you so much ladies. keep strong and keep kicking cancers butt xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

Hi bbt,
Think we've 'typed?' on other threads before and just seen this one - this is totally fab news for you, you must be soooo relieved. It's lovely when someone eventually gets good news and doesn't stay on here for too long, wishing you all the best for the future
Bev x

Highlighted

I was better being in there on my own for my appointments, but that's just me. That way I could react how I needed to react, rather than considering the other person's feelings. I took my OH to one appointment and kind of wish I hadn't, but it was nice that he did come too. I took my daughter to another appointment, not a results appointment but one that was talking about what the treatment was and wasn't a stressful one, just an informative one, and she was glad she came because it gave her a better view of what was going to happen.

But it's how YOU feel that matters, not how WE have done things.

Good luck.

Edit: Just seen - FANTASTIC!

Highlighted

oh thats good news!!! so glad for you

Highlighted

fantastic news ... so glad all is well for you, xx

Highlighted

hi girls i finally got my results 2day all ok both lumps fine thank you all so much for ur support and advice and want to wish u all the best for the future ladies u r all going through such a crappy time but still manage to offer so much support and listern to other which i think is sooo lovely.xxxxxxxxxx

Highlighted

i would ring the clinic up and ask when you will get the results. its normally 7 days. But they do make mistakes and forget to ring people

Highlighted

Hiya BB

Oh love, sorry you are still waiting - it's horrible isnt it!! I do hope you get news soon, and also that it's good news. In my area, we get our results in clinic the next week, and are given an apt at the same time as the core biopsy, so I'm afraid I can't comment much about waiting longer than 8 days. I really, really hope you hear soon, and am thinking about you! Take good care of yourself!

Much love,
Shelley xxxx

Highlighted

hiya girls, how u all today ?? still waiting for results 8days since i had core biopsy.anyone had to wait longer than a week and still had bad results?? xxx

Highlighted

hi girls she said she thinks the smaller 1 is benign looking but did say anything about the 2nd one that is the deeper 1 she found on the ultrasound they are both small tho .i havent got a breast care nurse.i rang 2day as they said a week but docs sectary said short staffed in the lab so is trying 2 chase it up 4 me and would ring as soon as she had got somewhere 😞 xx

Highlighted

Hi BB

In the same boat as you, waiting for biopsy results this week. Have been told I'll get a call tomorrow or Friday from the BCN and I'm assuming that she'll tell me over the phone. The hospital is an hour and a quarter away from me, so would much rather get it over and done with on the phone. And ditto, the waiting is horrendous.

Very much hope you get a good result. Best of luck.
xxx

Highlighted

Hi BB

did they give you any idea of whether they were worried about it or not... usually we would say we arent worried if we think its more likely to be benign or very suspicious or that we think its a cancer if we are fairly sure.

its really hard if they havent said either way or if they really arent sure.... when i had a lump biopsied just after chemo she couldnt say if it was or wasnt a new tumour just that it looked very suspicious and to prepare for the worst... thankfully it was fat necrosis.

fingers crossed for you xxx

Highlighted

you are so right old and lumpy that exactly how i feel....one second im thinking nah i havent got cancer and feel fine qiute confidant then next im thinking what if i have and start thinking how i will tell my husband my son and my family and friends gosh its sooo hard not knowing xxx

Highlighted

I totally agree, the waiting is terrible. One bit of your mind is remembering what everyone else says about 80% of lumps being benign, but part of you still thinks---what if???

Hope you get your appointment soon and hope even more that you are one of the lucky ones

Highlighted

ok thank you girls will take my friend with me. gosh the waiting is awful isnt just want to know now they said they should be back wednesday so 1 more day to go till they should be back then proberly have to waiting for appointment to get them 😞 xx

Highlighted

first clinic i went to my OH was off getting coffee when they called me in for the scans and took biopsies and told me it might or might not be cancer. I think i took all the info in, but to be quite honest I was glad he was there to drive me home. It would not have been safe for me to drive. i now realise that he comes with me because he does not want to sit at home by himself wondering what the outcome is going to be. Mind you I have to make him promise not to make a fuss about them not keeping to a very good timetable.

I think if you are the sort to benefit for company in the several hours you are bound to be there, or if you need another pair of ears to listen to exactly was said, or if you may need support if its bad news then accept your friends help.

If you are a totally private self, sufficient person and your friend will not be offended that you say no, and you would prefer to go by yourself than do that.

we are all different.

Highlighted

Hi there,
As others have already said, most hospitals will give you results face to face. Mine had a 'one stop clinic' and the very first question I was asked was 'is there someone with you' even before I was examined. The one stop 'shop' means you left with a provisional diagnosis based on fine needle bioposy. I was told quite clealry by both hte consulotant and the BCN to 'bring someone with you' when I went back for core biopsy results.

Hopefully you will get good news, but either way, if you are happy for your friend to go with you, take her and insist she hears the news with you. I 'briefed' my friend on questions I wanted to ask and asked her to take notes for me. You might want to think about the role you are happy for your friend to take.

Take care... there are good people here rooting for you.

Highlighted

I waited for ages in a cold room dressed only in a gown and overheard the consultant say outside the room there's a woman in there who's got a very rare form of breast cancer. then he came in, went all round the houses and eventually when I said I'd read my notes (handed to me on the day of my day surgery) and it said I had three lumps he said one of them had been a tumour.

Personally I would far rather not have waited three weeks, spent about four hours in travelling and waiting, to be told I had cancer when I could have been told directly after my surgery for supposedly a benign lump.

So I'm all for being told over the phone. For some reason they are not keen on this in England whereas in the USA I think it happens more often. They could ask you how you'd prefer to receive your results - it could save quite a lot of time and allow you to plan an appointment at which you could ask questions if you needed to.

Highlighted

Echo all that - results over the phone are pretty rare I think (if ever), and another pair of ears is really helpful - whatever the result. I have had so many lumps in the past I got blaze, and went on my own one time, to find an insensitive doc who just said "we'll do a biopsy" and walked out... as I drove home, I knew I wasn't safe to drive.... so I've never done it again!!

Highlighted

If you can get a friend or family member to go with you ,I would advise it.... hopefully you'll get good news and then you can go for a coffee together. Unfortunately I went alone, received the news we dread and after that always dragged my hubby with me - no matter what the appointment was for:-)
Good luck with the results. Bethy x

Highlighted

Hi they usually do this with an appointment they wont give you these results over the phone either way, thats lovely your friend offering to go with you always best to have someone with you as the waiting room can be so nerve racking. remember 9 out of 10 lumps are benign & either way having your friend with you helps to take in the information, hope all goes well & you get to hear some good news

hugs
Mekala x

Highlighted

Hi, I hope your results are good and wish you luck. I don't know whether they give results over the phone but if you have to go to a clinic appointment I would take someone with you. My mammogram and fine needle biopsy were clear so I sauntered back in a week later on my own for results thinking it was all OK and as soon as they asked 'did I have anyone with me' I knew it was bad news; my head clouded over and I struggled to take in everything they said. Fingers crossed for you. xx

Highlighted

Hi BB
my advice would be to take someone with you. Even if the results are good (fingers crossed) there might be information that you don't completely take in, so it's good to have another pair of ears. also in my experience they always like to see you face to face to share news.
Thinking of you, hope all goes well
Jane

Highlighted

Hi there!

Oh, it's lovely that your friend's offered to go with you if you need an appt, but I can understand you not wanting them to waste a day's annual leave unnecessarily.

Where I live, I think everyone gets a clinic appt for their results, and they're given that at the time of their biopsy etc. But perhaps in other areas of the country, this differs.

Have you seen a bcn at all yet when you were at the hospital? If so, i think I'd be tempted to ring them tomorrow and explain your situation and ask whether you'll definitely get another clinic appt to discuss the results. If you don't have a phone number for the bcn, you could phone the clinic instead and ask to speak to one of the nursing team.

I don't know if they'd be able to give results over the phone - but you could always ask if that's possible. I don't think many places would do that though, as there might be questions you want to ask, and things like that are better face to face.

We all know what it's like waiting for results - it's really important that you know how you're going to receive them, cos it's horrible being on tenterhooks, waiting for a phone to ring, or the postman to arrive with a letter etc.

So, get that phone call made tomorrow if you can (I know it's more difficult if you're working and can't easily make phone calls from work)... and please let us know how you go on with your results!

With much love,
Shelley xxxx

Highlighted

how did you recieve your results

hi girls,am getting my core biopsy results this week just wondered if you have all got them face to face or if some of you have had them by phone call or letter?? just wondering as a friend has asked if i want her to come with me but dont want her to waste a days holday booking day off if i go to an appointment hopefully to be told all ok but dont no if i want to go on my own if it bad news either if they tell you u need an appointment for results will they tell you over the phone if it bad news if you ask them xxx