cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i deal with my emotions? dont know where to start

2 REPLIES 2
traceyfizz

Re: how do i deal with my emotions? dont know where to start

Hi jellyjem , i understand completely where you are coming from i thought i was tough but i am crumbling a bit now , had mx then anx clearance and although i need chemo,herceptin and tamifoxin i only had 1 affected node ..... i should be happy but no i am left with a hard mound where my breast was apparently tissue that might go down and an infection . I have to lose weight if i decide upon a recon and i now feel lopsided with my 42dd healthy breast lol , i am going to have to give myself a swift kick as i could quite easily not leave the house and getting dressed up terrifies me , you are not alone jellyjem but it feels like it , i wasnt going to have a recon but i feel its going to be the only thing that will keep me going and i think i will be waiting over a year too .....so my mission lose weight and dream about those 36b new breasts lol , chin up love keep coming on here to have a rant xx

feistyflora

Re: how do i deal with my emotions? dont know where to start

Hi Jellygem

Finding out you have cancer is one heck of a shock. Because you only had your mastectomy in April it is still early days with reference to coming to terms with what has happened. I am certain that things will get easier for you in time. Don't be too hard on yourself. You are not the only one who has felt like this. It is an absolutely normal response to be angry and even to grieve for the 'old' you, in fact it would be very unnatural if you just bounced back straight away with a smile on your face. Get yourself a pretty but comfortable bra (lots of advice from our ladies on other areas of the site) as this will help. I know that you would probably prefer to have a reconstruction immediately but as that is not possible try to think positively and use this next year to lose the weight slowly but surely by eating as healthily as possible (lots of helpful tips on site) and this will boost your confidence. I know that losing a breast seems devastating but there is much, much more to being 'a woman' than possessing certain physical attributes. Have a look at websites such as The Art of Being Feminine and you will see what I mean.

jellyjem

how do i deal with my emotions? dont know where to start

Sorry but this is going to be a depressing post, i need some advise as i feel likd im falling appart.  I had chemo followed by a left sided masectomy in April and rads.  I have not had a reconstruction and im a double H on my remailing boob so really lop sided. I want to have a reconstruction but my surgeon has told me I have to loose weight first and wait at least a year for everything to heal.

I'm in my early 40s and before the cancer diagnosis I was happy with the way I looked, now I really  hate the way I look and it's really getting me down.  My GP put me on antidepressants a few weeks ago but they don't seem to be helping.  I just don't know how to deal with my emotions. I was coping OK until this week but now I just feel like crying all the time and I feel so angry.

How do I come to terms with only having one breast? I feel like all my feminity has been stripped from me.  Please tell me it gets easier?