how do you cope with news?

Hi

My appointment for the diagnosis of my lump is today. I am fully prepared to be told I have BC as the feel and description of my breast means it must be.

Any advice as to how to cope with the news? I am already tearful and shaky. I don’t think I can handle it.

Thanks

Freddie xxxxxxxxxx

Freddie, sorry can’t help with this yet as my appointment isn’t till 24th but just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world & fingers crossed it will be good news. xxx

Hi freddiecider

If you think it might help to talk to someone please do give the BCC helpline call. Here you are able to share your worries and concerns with one of our trained members of staff who will offer you a listening ear aswell as support and information.

The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to 2pm.

Best wishes
Sam (BCC Facilitator)

Hi Freddiecider,
Just wanted to wish you the best of luck for your appointment today, am keeping everything crossed for you and hopeing that you get some good news.
twinmum,
Sorry that you are playing the waiting game too, i know its not easy,and sorry you have to wait untill the 24th march for your appointment, though it can be a good sign if your not refered urgently so try and hold on to that. i know the waiting is the worst bit though and not easy not knowing, i will be keeping everything crossed for you too and hope you also get some good news .
All the best to you both
Lindiloo xx

Freddie - fingers crossed that things are going well this afternoon…

Theresa x

freddie - keep us posted…I don’t think anything can really prepare you for bad news but hopefully it’ll be good…if not, we’ve been there so shout, you will cope if you have to - I did and I rang the helpline the next day…crossing all for you…mary x

hope all went well for you, I have the same type of appt to go to next week, the waiting is just horrible! x