69.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long do we keep cooking when Rads have finished.

8 REPLIES 8
bestiekel

Re: how long do we keep cooking when Rads have finished.

hi truffle shuffle it sounds like you and I are roughly at same stage maybe I'm a week or two behind you.. I hope you are feeling much better now and your skin is healing without any further problems. like you once I finished rads I was a little emotional and can still suddenly find myself getting upset but I think this is all part of the healing process as we have all been through so much. my chemo brain is improving as the days go on and I am feeling much stronger. everyone on this forum has been through so much physically and emotionally and although I have not posted many comments it does help to read about other people's experiences. thank you to all these amazing people including yourself.
bestiekel

I did very well with rads no skin problems just a tad warm and nipple soreness, however I am now 7 days post rads and rash has appeared, itchy and stabby pains but ok apart from skin has blistered red and broken under boob which is sore. I am using cream and gel given by rad team that stings a bit does anyone have any suggestions. I am also feeling tired but I am trying to do a little each day, washing, hoovering even a little craft work all of which leave me shattered for a few hours, just desperate to get back to normality whatever that is going to be and get back to work after 6 months off so far ( due to infections and not tolerating chemo that well) chemo really took it out of me and still is. x
truffle_shuff

I am Replying To my self here ,  did I rearlly say that , the treatment team were fantastic, they made each zap stress free , i have finished now , must say today took an emotional dive , feel so drained , but cant believe i posted last post , see think I am so brain frazzled  not even responsible for my own comments,

good luck to all and thank you to the tem who looked after me on my zappings xx

truffle_shuff

Hi ladies,

I have just started rads only having 10 zaps,  have recurrance in axilla,  just wondering with 10 rads will I get tired and / or sore skin,  no one offering up any info or advice when  I have had planning scans and first zaps.   I will ask  but just waiting to see if any one does inform me of any side effects ???

Amazing rearlly just , asked name ,  dob,  zapped, then  next !!!!! 

love to all

Jill1998
Community Champion

Im sure you will feel better soon.I went back to work 4 weeks after I finished on reduced hours.
nickif

thanks girls... I am working part time but doing 2 long days, the rest of the week I can have a nap. the girl I job share with is leaving in 2 weeks so doing even more hours...jsut hope I feel better then. 

Jill1998
Community Champion

I got worse for about 2 weeks then gradually things improved .Skin was really bad a week after finishing needed antibiotics cos the blisters got infected .It can take a couple of months to feel right again.
Ele J

Hi Nicki, sorry to hear that. I read that SEs peak around two weeks after treatment ends so this time next week you should have turned the corner and be in the downward slope. Are you working? Maybe easing up a bit in that for a couple more weeks will just give you the time to rest and recover?

My last one today, so seeing your post is a useful reminder to keep moisturising and take it easy even after this momentous day. I was thinking about doing the parkrun on Sat but maybe I will have a little lie-in instead!

Hope you feel better soon x
nickif

how long do we keep cooking when Rads have finished.

I thought I had done really well after 20 rads, a bit tired and an itchy rash...Now 9 days later I am utterly exhausted, could sleep standing up and now my skin where I had the extra boost is all blistered and sore 😞 Just don't want it to get much worse. When do things start to get better?