Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get comfy after ten years of having breast cancer

3 REPLIES 3
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: how to get comfy after ten years of having breast cancer

hi rev cat thanx for your reply a do have an exercise dvd which a do everyday but cause a work 6 hours everyday 5 days a week a still feel get quite a few problems with my affected side and dont sleep good as cant lie on that side but thanx for the tip on bras a will try the triumph sports bra cant do any harm as have tried most other ones must have spent a fortune through the years maybe one day will find the right one

RevCat

Hello Little46

So sorry to hear that you have struggled with this for a whole decade.  I had the back muscle reconstruction 2.5 years ago and it has settle down really well but it does still sometimes get 'tight' especially if the weather is cold or damp, and where the muscle is tunneled under the skin it can soemtimes get a bit tender to touch.  Overall, though it is fine.

I was told right at the start that the post-op exercises were 'for life' to help prevent stiffness and soreness.  I usually do the 'walking up the wall' one in the shower as this gives a good stretch and the steamy atmosphere helps ease any stiffness.

Bras are very personal, but I usually revert to my sports bras for everyday, and find the Triumph Triaction (not the extreme) to be te most comfy - wide straps with velcro for adjustment, quite high sides, broad band, and not too high a 'v'.  It is avaialble quite widely, but you can see what it looks like here: http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Triumph+Tri+action+workout+bra/D131175,default,pd.html

Lucy_BCC

Hi little46 and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk any queries/concerns over, they are here with practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday

Best wishes

Lucy BCC

Guest user
Not applicable

how to get comfy after ten years of having breast cancer

i had breast cancer ten year ago and had muscle removed from bk for reconstruction surgery but have always been uncomfy on that side with swelling under my arm which makes day to day life difficult any tips would be grateful.also have never found a comfy bra