Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i think i have male breast cancer

4 REPLIES 4
elinda45

Re: i think i have male breast cancer

Hi Phil

I'm sorry to hear about your problems. It does sound like the doctors are listening to some degree as you've had the CT scan and I hope the results will be good for you. I've had scans since my breast cancer diagnosis and know how awful it is waiting for results.

It isn't easy not to keep thinking the worst although it may very well be that what you're experiencing is not cancer. What you need though is some peace of mind with this. Do you have someone that could accompany you to the doctors? This might help as too may preparing a specific list of symptoms.

There is some evidence to show that people with mental health problems don't always get the recognition of physical problems they should although hopefully this is improving. It might be worth actually stating to the doctor - I know I have mental health problems but this is physical and these are the symptoms. If you find it difficult to talk about then write down the symptoms and pass it to the doctor. I always write down my symptoms and questions before I go to any doctor's appointment so I can be precise, there's no confusion and make sure I get my questions answered.

Please do let us know how you get on.
take care
Elinda

lindalou1952

I Phil sorry to hear you are not feeling too good. I have the same problem with my doctors and hospital I know things are not right and i have been told by a volunteer who phoned me the other night to keep telling them if you are not happy with things i have been back to the hospital about three times this year with different things and they don't take you serious do they. I had a op for breast cancer last year Jan 2009 and its tough you feel like you are on your own. well drop me a line if you feel like doing takecare Lindalou

GrannyScouse

Hi Phil

I'm so sorry to hear of your problems. You've certainly been through the mill. It's a very frightening time for you but you do seem to be being looked after now. I know it's very difficult and worrying waiting for results. When is your next hospital appointment?

I'm sending a huge cyber hug to you ((((hug))))

xx

June_BCC

Hello phill2009

Welcome to the forums, I’m sorry to hear that you are having a tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

best wishes
June, moderator

phill2009

i think i have male breast cancer

hi every one

ive not been well for a good few munths, it started in feburary i had a ultrasound off my right breast and it was diognosed as male gynecomastia i now belive it mite off been misdiognosed, i now have more simptoms abdominal pain sorness under armpits and ive noticed on my four arms the limth glands are tendar as thay are under armpits,unfortunately becouse i all so sufer mental health problems i think thats what has made it hard for me to get the test i want. i even had to change doctor surgery becouse thay were just not taking me serous ,ive had the normall blood test lots off them for the last few munths and some have been abnormal i even went accident and emergancy 3 times within last few munths,and ive now had a chest abdomon pelvis ct scan with contrast just waiting for results, ive tried a few times to get doctors to check my right breast but thay just say its feels ok but im sure it dont,im going back to doctors and going to get it checked again and refered i hope ,not looking forward to ct scan results,verry worried and down more worried for my mother as she has lost one sun my twin when i was 9 im now 30