Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idc lump removed now found dcis

12 REPLIES 12
jcon130

Re: idc lump removed now found dcis

Thanks Joanne

My grown up children and grandchildren keep me occupied.  I think it is just all the waiting.  I returned to hospital on 6th Nov for results of lumpectomy, that when I found out about the DCIS, now I have to wait again till the 3rd Dec. It all gets a bit to much.  It scary and I feel bad as there is other ladies on here much worse off than me.  There is also a fear of me having DCIS in other breast, my fear not the surgeons.  I don't know about you but I've not been offered CT scans or anything else, all I know is I go to the Christie in Manchester for my radiotherapy, hopefully I can then book my holiday to Corfu or Zante.  Everything seems to be on hold.

Well it is good having someone to talk to that is in the same position to me, I kept finding on this and other sites about DCIS being found first then the IDC. I was beginning to think I was being awkward but looks like I am not on my own. LOL.

Well speak to you soon. Keep being positive,

hugs  Janet xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joanne1973

Crikey, 4:18am....it's awful the sleepless nights. No I'm over in Leeds but we might end up being cell mates! I go for results next Tuesday.  I'm more prepared this time,  it had just never occurred to me before that I wouldn't have a clear margin.  I did a lot of crying while waiting too (and not sleeping), but feel ok again since op. And the op itself was a  breeze, was in theatre less than an hour. And back driving 2 days later, 

The waiting, at every single stage, really is the worst thing and I know there is nothing I can say to make that any easier!  Keep yourself busy, my house has never been so tidy, I mopped the kitchen floor every day! I even scrubbed out the outside bins...unheard of!!!!!!!!! But keeping busy, a gentle walk, rubbish dvds, anything to occupy the mind even for a short time. And if your not sleeping at night don't feel guilty about having a nap through the day.

You look after yourself

Sending lots of love down the M62 to you 

XxxxxXxXxx

jcon130

Hi  A

sorry only just seen your reply. I've never heard of Micropapillary cancer. But sorry to hear it wasn't the outcome you were hoping for, its a total b----y pain in the backside. I wish you all the very best and hope all goes well for a positive outcome.  I think I will feel better when I have my operation on the 3rd Dec.

I just hope all the cancer will be gone and I can get the radiotherapy over and done with.

Well hope to speak soon

Big gentle hugs and love

Janet xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jcon130

Hi Joanne sorry I've not replied.  Had a bad couple of weeks, crying quite a bit. I was so positive but it felt like I had been hit by a bus. Now the waiting is killing me, roll on 3rd Dec. Hope your results will be OK, Hope your not being treated at wythenshaw hospital manchester by the same surgeon, or we may both be in the news for the same crime.lol. You have to have a bit of a laugh don't you. Its not good we have the same dx but it helps knowing someone else knows how you feel. Thanks for your post good luck. Hopefully we will speak again soon. Big gentle hugs and love to you.

Janet xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jonamo

It is truly a roller coaster...I am still waiting for the good news...my results on Tuesday were not the best, another 4 nodes contained cancer, so 5/12 with metastasis. My 2 tumours were larger than first measured, 2cm and 3cm with a tiny DCIS thrown in and the larger of the tumours is IDC plus micropapillary cancer, though yet to find out the implications of that! Both have vascular invasion, so all in all not great! Chemo starting 4th Dec. just had bone scan, results next week and then MRI. Fingers crossed for positive results!

I guess we just have to take each step as it comes, usually takes me a couple of days for the info to sink in and then it's time to move on to the next step and get on with getting better! I must say that now the primary cancer is out, I do feel relief.
A x
Joanne1973

Hi Janet, you sound exactly the same as me. I had idc which was removed with 2 sn. Then clear margin but a little dcis in the margin.  I honestly took that news worse than the original diagnosis and felt extremely down and that there was going to be no end to this nightmare. Requested a mastectomy but surgeon felt was far too over-the-top. However I've had my extra bit of surgery now and I feel back on track, another week to results and am prepared in case there is no clear margin (in which case I might chop it off myself and smother the surgeon with it-look out for me on the news!!) It's like we become prepared for the treatment plan we have but the world ends if there is a bit of a detour.  I felt so very low and know exactly where you are coming from.  Glad to hear you're feeling a little better.

Keep strong

🙂

jcon130

Hi A,

sorry about my wobble, I just felt I needed to blow off some steam,

I understand others have had more than one WLE but I don't think I was expecting to hear this, a bit naive of me really. I am going to ring my BCN today to ask for my pathology report, they didn't tell me much really.  And I feel a bit in limbo. Thank you for your reply I hope all goes well on Tuesday.  Please keep in touch.

Sending a big hug

Janet x

Jonamo

Glad you are back on track. We all have wobbles and you mustn't ever feel alone. I get my full pathology results from my mastectomy and Axillary Node clearance on Tuesday and I am beginning to feel a bit wobbly myself, but reckon that I am now due some positive news, but am prepared for the worst, just in case. It truly is a roller coaster!
A. x
jcon130

Thank you all for your support, sorry just a bit of a wobble, I'm back on track now.

From being dx I hadn't let go and cried think this is just what I needed. Thanks everyone  again, I will let you know the outcome as I get my results.

Hugs to all

Janet

Magical_Moon

Hello Janet,
Sorry you are feeling upset and down. These set backs will be hard to come to terms with.
At the moment you are still in a state of shock because the results were not what you were expecting.
Anyone would feel the same way as you. However, try to concentrate on the POSITIVE news that one tumour has been removed with clear margins.
I am assuming no cancer was found in your sentinel lymph node which is another POSITIVE.
Another POSITIVE is that they have found another small lump which can be removed with another WLE. Breast conserving surgery is far less drastic than a mastectomy.
Never feel like you are being a nuisance when you see your surgeon. You can never be a nuisance when all you want is to be free of cancer. It is not like you chose to have cancer!!!
I know it is easier said than done but try not to look too far into the future about the delays you've mentioned about having radiotherapy.
Try to stay in the moment and concentrate on all the positives.
Having cancer is not just physical, it is also A MIND GAME.
The mind game is to keep focused on the positive and the bigger picture which is that your medical team are doing their very best to free you of cancer even though there may be set backs.
Sending you a big hug.
M xxx
Jonamo

Sorry to hear you are feeling so down. You must try to stay positive. Although it is not great news they have found an extra DCIS, they have found it and are going to remove it. I am not sure for their reasons for not doing a mastectomy, but in my experience having had a mastectomy, no choice in the matter, I would definitely favour a lumpectomy/WLE if I were given the choice. If you are worried about anything you should talk to your BCN, they are there to reassure you and explain any of your treatment. With regards to chemo, It is my understanding that if your cancer is ER+ and there is no lymph node involvement, chemo is not offered because in theory you are now cancer free and the radiotherapy will mop up in stray cancer cells in the affected breast, and hormone therapy will keep it from recurring.
Hope I've helped. Stay positive.
A x
Lucy_BCC

Dear Janet
I am sorry to read that you are feeling so low, our helpliners are on hand today with practical and emotional support for you, please feel free to call on 0808 800 6000 lines are open 10-2 and weekdays 9-5. Our team will be able to talk through your diagnosis and treatments that you have been offered to help you to better understand them

I am also posting a link to the BCC treatments section of the site where you will find more information and further support ideas:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/treatment?utm_source=Homepage&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Bu...

If you are still struggling and want to talk to someone outside of the breast cancer world the Samaritans are there 24 hours a day waiting to help you, here's the link to their website, take care

http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/different-ways-you-can-get-touch/most-people-phone-us

Take care
Lucy BCC

jcon130

idc lump removed now found dcis

Can anyone help, DX with  IDC 2 Oct, had WLE and SNB 22 Oct, received my results Wednesday 6 Nov. Consultant told me good news with a twist,  the grade 3 IDC with clear margins removed.  But, they have found a 9mm DCIS and now planning WLE again for Dec 3  I am totally confused, I have asked about chemo or a mastectomy. I was told I don't need chemo and a MX would be drastic. My OH was over the moon. I'm out of my mind. I asked the doctor and BCN  to do a MX  But to no avail. I don't know what to do next as this puts my radiotherapy back to Feb. or March 2014. felt like killing myself I am that fed up. I think my husband thinks I am just wanting doom and gloom to carry on when all I want is this cancer out of my body. Can anyone help.

P.S., my surgeon is not a people person at all. I feel like I am being a nuisance.

Thanks in advance of any replies.

Janet