indent on my breast

Hi

im new to the site but am really worried i went to the drs yesterday after having an dent the size of the pad of my thumb in the bottom of my left breast for about  2 months I thought I should  let my body go through  a normal menstrual cycle to rule that out before I went to the drs and they asked me that question as they always do .

The dr said she is reffereing me for an urgent  appointment with our  hospital. She said within 2 weeks.

I have  family  history  of my mother and two aunts having lumps removed (benign) then one aunt passing away due to secondry cancer after  having her breast removed  another aunt has had cancer twice in her breasts and i have two cousins that have had it as well.

I  do not have a lump that I can feel under the dent but I am scared to death this is cancer  and  nothing I have looked at can guide me  in anyway

Can someone please help me  so I can be prepared at least
Thank you

Hi kayg

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I’m sure other members will soon be along to offer you some support.

Meanwhile I’ve attached a link to one of our publications which explains what may happen at your clinic appointment:

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/sites/default/files/your_breast_clinic_appointment.pdf

I hope this helps.

You could also give our Helpline a call for information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi, i’m new too and thank you for that Janet_BCC :slight_smile: Agree with you that cancer is the emperor of all maladies :((