infections

hi, i was 29 when i was diagnoised with bc, i had a double masectomy with silicone expanders at the end of june, the left boob heeled up within 2 weeks but the right boob has been infected ever since, it has been stitched and restitched but it refuses to heel, i feel like it is never going to heel up! is their anybody else who has or who has had the same problem? the boobs no longer infected but the wound is still open along the scar line. i started my first chemo last week and so far feel fine. i found out that i have the faulty brca 1 gene so am also thinking of having my overies removed, any opinions/advice?

Hi Lisa210uk

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, I’m hope you will find them a great source of support and information.

Whilst you wait for the other forum users to reply with their advice and experiences you can always give the BCC helpline a call to talk things through with one of the trained members of staff. The number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and Saturday 9 to 2pm.

BCC have also produced a fact sheet on ovarian ablation which you may find useful. If you would like to read this on line or order a copy just follow this link:-

breastcancercare.org.uk/upload/pdf/ovarian_ablation_june_2007_0.pdf

I hope this is helpful

Best wishes Sam, Facilitator

Hi lisa,

Sorry I don’t have any ideas as have not experienced it as had wle. I have had Chemo though and hope u are not suffering too much. I think it may be worth rrposting this with z title about ovary removal/ brca 1 so people with experience can easily spot the thread topic. Hope someone answers with helpful info soon,

Vickie