cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

injury/BC--not such a silly idea after all

3 REPLIES 3
oldandlumpy

Re: injury/BC--not such a silly idea after all

hi wizardpoo, I was going to ask you why you picked that user name, and then I decided perhaps i did not want to know. 😉

wizardpoo

I wouldn't personally dismiss this idea out of hand either. In my case was working on renovating old house and working on cement mixer-got kick back from shovel handle straight into left bbob-boy was that forceful and really really hurt! awhile later not very long was showering a felt hard lump in exact place shovel handle hit- finally on getting it checked this lump was the dcis element and I also had ILC beneath the lump.I beleive the hard hit activated something noticable which I would otherwise have been unaware of since lobular doesn't present with lump- so look at it as a 'lucky hit'!

daisyleaf

i wouldn't want to discount any theory out of hand - nobody knows definitively what causes all the mutations necessary and each cancer grows in a particular chemical and biological context (our own bodies). scientists come up with new stuff all the time, don't they - and how many of us fit the received wisdom about risk? so many of us don't fit risk profiles.
OAL you've got my brain working late tonight - great talking to a fellow Susan Love fan. That book will come out again and again, its so straightforward, i love it.
mon xx

oldandlumpy

injury/BC--not such a silly idea after all

Last night I lost myself in Susan Love's breast book-absolutley facinating.

It does seem to support my injury theory. Apparantly cells can mutate into cancer and then if they are not killed by our imune system still lie dormant, kept in control by all the healthy cells round them. She said its like having a child with bad character kept in line by good parents and frieinds who goes off the tracks when they get in with a bad crowd. (cancer starting off in good neighbouring cells) Or the child of good character who mixes with ne'er do wells but does not go off the rails(non cancerous cell in dodgy neighbouring cells)

so it seems to make sense to me that I developed some cancer cells that were being kept under control by the surrounding breast tissue, but that i managed to compromise the surrounding cells by constantly digging a cup of hot tea onto the same spot and damaging the healthy tissue thus allowing the cancer to develop. If they cancer had not been lying dormant i could have rested my tea their all my life.

Apparantly my breast is riddle with Lbc and for all I know other cancer cells being kept in check by the cells that were not subjected to being squashed and heated up. Hopefully the tamoxifan will sort all those out.