invasive lobular cancer

Ive just been diognosed with invasive lobular cancer and have to go in for my op on wed 6th march. Could’nt have an MRI scan cos have clips in my head from Subachnoid hemorrhage in 1994 so the Doctor doesnt know what he will find. Biopsies were positive but needle one under arm was not confirmed. I only found lumps 3wks ago so everything has progressed very quickly and I,m getting really uptight about it now I dont know where to turn really

Sorry to read that you have been diagnosed. Life really takes on a faster pace now and you will find that your life revolves around hospital appointments. But - it will pass.

I was diagnosed with invasive lobular cancer in May 2011. I had positive lymph nodes and the path report on the biopsies said I was stage/grade IIIa I wasn’t offered an MRI, I had a CT scan, bone scan and MUGA scan before starting on 8 chemotherapy sessions. This was followed by a radical mastectomy and then radiation treatments.

Coming on here helped me and will help you. There are lots of people on here who will offer support.

I hope everything goes well for you. I am going into hospital on March 22 for my reconstruction.

Ann, I was diagnosed in January with ILC after a recall from a routine mammogram. I had no symptons so was shocked to say the least when it became clear that i was facing something serious. I felt that it was happening to someone else, but my MX came first and I am due to start chemo in the next week.
good luck with the op, as Supertrouper said, things move along quickly. Just try to stay positive and come on here for advice or to vent your feelings whenever you need to.
Take care of yourself.
Jude

Hi Ann w
you must feel like a whirlwind has hit you. I too have invasive lobular cancer and am also having my op on 6th march. dreading it and all to follow is an understatement
hope it goes well for you
debcully x

Had my op (wide excision and sentinel node biopsy) now awaiting results. The scar under breast is ok but the one for the nodes is very sore.
Its been 10days now so I hope the results wont be long now.

Hello Ann and everyone else,
I was diagnosed in January 12 with ILC, found when I had my first ever routine mammogram aged 49. The cancer was 1.7cm in size. While I was still reeling from the shock, they gave me an MRI as they said lobular cancer is trickier to detect, as it often doesn’t form a traditional lump. The MRI showed a second area 7mm in size in the same breast right next to the first area. Both areas were grade 2. Originally they had said it would be a WLE but after the second area was discovered, they gave me 2 options. Mastectomy or a therapeutic mammoplasty - a breast reduction in other words. I went with the TM option and had a sentinel lymph node biopsy at the same time. Thankfully my lymphs were clear. I had 3 weeks of radiotherapy and everything has been fine since. Have to take letrozole for 5 years. I am due to have an op in May to reduce my other breast to match as they are very different in size. I had my first screening mammogram in January this year, and the results were clear.
I know how frightened you must be feeling, and I hope your pathology results were good.
It’s things like this which make you realise what the important things in life are - time spent with your family and friends - beautiful memories.
I used to spend a lot of time on this site when everything was raw last year, but now only dip into it occasionally. There are lots of lovely people here who will make whatever you have to deal with a little bit more bearable, as they all understand exactly how you feel - something your family/friends can never really do.
Take care,
caroline
x