Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this normal

4 REPLIES 4
ForumMember

Re: is this normal

Hi Maggie

Nice to see you back - how is sunny Elgin at the moment? Would so love to move back up there on day. Anyway, I felt terrible after sugery, like someone had drugged me. Are you taking any pain killers at all because if so, they maybe the cause. If not, if you are not in pain, I would sleep it off - may take a while for all blood chemistry to return to normal.

Best of luck

Cathy

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks guys
It is reassuring to know that the spaced out feeling will pass. I do feel a bit more with it today & managed a 5 minute walk to local shop with aid of daughter.
I had my left boob removed & now in the process of coming to terms with it not being there. I have moaned about the size of my boobs for years being a 34 ff whish I hadn't now. My new softie is much perkier & leaves me lopsided.
I am back in clinic next week so see what happens next!
I am confused about bras. BC nurse says that I can wear my normal underwired bra when the scar has healed as long as it has a full cup. any advice for buying/ wearing bras at this stage. Hanging loose at the moment ( not very pretty) as my soft top rubs the scar under my arm.
Maggie

dotchas

Hi Elginquine! Fit Like?
Yes it can take a long time for the anaesthetic to come out your system,also your body is sending all energy to repair your wounds etc.If it doesn't pass ,then check with your Dr. Can I ask what op you had?
Like your user name,my Mum was an Elgin quine! I live in Edinburgh though.
Love
Dot
xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Maggie,

If you had major surgery needing a lengthy anaesthetic then its possibly that its still in your system cos it can take a week ish to get out of yur system. Are you taking any painkillers/antibiotics cos they can affect you too. I had a mx and LD recon on the 22nd Sept and it took me over a week to begin to feel a bit more like me not like a "patient" if that makes sense.

xx

Guest user
Not applicable

is this normal

Hi guys
I was wondering if it is normal to feel spaced out a week after surgery?
I had my op on the 1st oct after 6 sessions of chemo failed to shrink my tumour, came out of hospitial last monday feeling ok. for the last few days I feel spaced out as though I am pissed, sleeping lots but very little pain.
Anyone else felt like this, if so how long did it last?
Maggie