ive found a lump

im worried, the other day i found a lump in my breast, its hard and round and sore. its also quite red around it.
I havent been able to speak to anyone about it, but i do have an app. with docs on thursday,
I guess i just needed some reassurance and support about it all, im so scared :frowning:

Hi Porcha,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for support, as your fellow forums users have a wealth of information between them.

While you are waiting for replies I have put for you below the link to the area of BCC’s website that discusses the issues you have.

breastcancercare.org.uk/server/show/nav.15

Hope this helps,
Kind regards,

Jo, Facilitator

Not an expert but lumps are in the majority benign (harmless).
It could be painful because its a cyst too? Redness could indicate an infection- is it warm to touch?

No point saying dont worry and i really hope its nothing.

its not warm to touch, ive been reading about breast lumps and read that if you can still feel them when your lying down then they can be serious is that true? i read too much just scares me more!
i know that 9/10 lumps a benign, but theres always that 1…
x

ah porsha i truly hope its nothing.

How long has it been there?
Is it mobile- can you move it around?
not read anything about feeling the lump when laying down-new one on me!
Not pregnant or breast feeding either are you?? Hormones can do funny things to our boobs.

hi evie, thank you :slight_smile:

i dont know how long its been there, i dont check as often as i should (i will now!), i cant move it around, its just under the skin. im not pregnant or feeding but i did have a baby 6 months ago (and i checked them since then) Im 25, and i know that they say people of my age dont usually get this but it still scares me :frowning:

I am 32 and found my lump when i was pregnant and my hormones were blamed. I then fed my daughter and the lump still grew. It took me 3 visits to get referred and it is BC and ive just had an op to remove it.

Hormones are often to blame for lumpy boobs. Thats a fact so it could be whats happened with you but it shouldnt hurt.

The GP may ask you to come back in 3 months or even try to take a sample.

Whilst it is hugely likely its nothing i kinda want you to know that lumps can get mis diagnosed like mine and its lucky i kept going back and being a pest.

thank you and good luck with your treatment, i will be thinking of you. i will keep pestering them if they dismiss it. after all i have 2 girls to think about and i need to be healthy for them, ive been reading some of the other articles and somewhat reassured, obv still worrying but even if it is nothing i will be checking more often and reccomending all my friends to do the same. Trying to be positive now :slight_smile: