just been diagnoised

Hi there, I got my results Thursday just gone. Was told its cancer but not what type I tried to ask but Dr seemed reluctant to say. He just went straight into the treatment plan which is chemo to shrink then lumpectomy then radiotherapey then Tablets for 5 years & whole thing should take about 5-6 months. I was given lots of paperwork & another scan to see if its spread to my lympnodes & oncologist next friday.
All I could get back from nurses etc was how busy they are & here is our number for a chat but we very busy!
I dont have any family history for BC and feel at a lost as to what im dealing with. I can ask everything next friday but it seems a long way of.

Thanks

Dear NOGGIN17

Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place for lots of support from your fellow members.

You could also call our Helpline to talk things over. They can offer practical information and emotional support. They are open today from 10-2 and on weekdays from 9-5. The number is 0808 800 6000

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi Noggin

From my point of view, it would appear that whatever type of breast cancer you have, it is hormone sensitive, which is good. The tablet will be to prevent your body from making more Oestrogen. The chemo side of it might worry you, but most people who have undergone chemo (me included) will tell you that although it’s not a walk in the park, it isn’t as bad as you expect. I see there is a new chemo group being organised for September (see ‘undergoing treatment: chemotherapy’ in the list at the side). If you would like to become part of this group, just pop along and ask them - they will welcome you with open arms. These groups are to support each other through the treatment and sometimes beyond. I’m a February Valentine, and most of us are still in touch on FB, even though our chemo finished in May. I hope you find out what type of cancer you have very soon (ring that number your BCN gave you) and that your chemo does its job at shrinking the tumour.

This is a quote from a lady who had chemo to shrink her lump: “I had my last chemo 28 feb. it shrunk my tumour from 8x5cm to next to Nothing.” To read the rest of the thread, here is the link:
breastcancercare.org.uk/comment/2125964#forum-topic-top

All the best
Poemsgalore xx

Hi Noggin
i was dx back in July with 2 areas of BC so had a an mx on Friday 16th along with SNB so i am waiting to find out what sort i have and if any nodes are involved. Chin up, im just glad to get rid of the main protagonist and hoping that the bugger has been evicted totally.
let us know how things go

Sally xx

Hi Noggin. I’m recently diagnosed too. Looks like we may be following the same treatment path. At least that is what my consultant has said. Have had CT Scan an will be seeing Oncologist on Wednesday. Sorry to hear your nurses haven’t been very supportive. I have been lucky with mine and also had great support from the forum. I think we all feel a little bit lost when we are faced with this but hopefully when we know what we’re dealing things will settle down. Good luck on Friday and let us know how things go. Most of all keep positive, best wishes pas.the.boss. x

Hi Noggin
Chemo starts today so the waiting is finally over. Scan results came back clear.
Hopefully you will have some results soon. Let me know how you get on. PM me if you prefer. If you manage to get your chemo started during September come and join us on the Going through treatment section monthly thread September where there are loads of lovely ladies embarking on chemo. Some have already started. They are a great bunch and you will get lots of support, info and help to get you through this blip in our lives. We have quite a few giggles too. Take care, keep in touch. xx