cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just been told I have breast cancer

6 REPLIES 6

Re: just been told I have breast cancer

Hi Nell,
It was the same for me. I had a cyst a few years ago and thought like you just another cyst. I had to have biopsies of Borge breasts and told that I have a 4cm lump and swelling in a node. I can understand exactly how you feel. I am getting the news Wednesday what they are going to do. I keep getting tearful. How are you feeling?
Sheila.
Community Champion

I was going to also say, if you pop across to the 'diagnosed with breast cancer' forum ......you will find a huge number of people there happy to talk and support. 

Community Champion

HI Nell, 

How awful for you that everyone kept saying one thing and it was you pushing for the biopsy check.  On the other hand, and maybe it might not seem this way to you right now, if they did find malignant cells how fortunate that you made them take action ! As OAD said below, you can ask for a repeat biopsy if you feel it would help you to be certain.

These are hard times, incredibly hard times when you are diagnosed. Somehow, and I'm not sure how, you start to adjust to the situation after extraordinary emotional turbulence. Do you know what the next step is for you, have they discussed the biopsy results in detail?

Charys x

@nell2373 wrote:
I feel numb and confused...

I'm not surprised you're confused after all those false reassurances.  I guess if you're really unsure you could ask for a repeat biopsy? 

I found it seemed more real once I started telling other people although I still find it hard to say the words 'I have been diagnosed with breast cancer' 

Take care xx

I feel numb and confused...

Hi Nell, So sorry you have had this diagnosis ... how are you feeling? I felt numb to begin with.  You'll find this forum very supportive xx 

just been told I have breast cancer

Hello. I saw my GP 3 weeks ago with a lump & pain in my breast...she said...if it hurts it a cyst but referred me to hospital. The consultant said...it feels like a cyst...have a mammogram to check. It didnt show up on the mammogram...nurse said...its a cyst...have an ultrasound to check. I had an ultrasound, radiologist said...its a cyst...I can drain it or leave it...its upto you. I asked him to drain it as it was painful. When he drained it...he said. That has blood in it...that could be from mammogram...I dont normally send it off. So I asked him to as it had blood in.

2 days later I had a call back to hospital...the consultant told me they had found cancer cells!

This was confirmed after a biopsy last week and told to me today.