cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just diagnosed with secondary and im terrified ! any good storys

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted

Re: just diagnosed with secondary and im terrified ! any good storys

Thanks Nicky, it's nice to be recognised! I used to post on here all the time but I'd been away so long I couldn't remember my log in!  looking forward to catching up with friends old and new. At least there is a bit of silver lining when there's progression...

Jacksy

Highlighted
Community Champion

Hi Jacksy, welcome home! Good to see you on here again and I'm sure you will get any support you need as and when your treatment changes. As to newbies, it is a very frightening time, we all remember it only too well but keep coming back to ask question, get support, or just have a rant - we've all done it!

Nicky x

Highlighted

Hi Julzd,

so sorry to hear your news. I just wanted to share a bit of hope - I've been going for 8 years with liver mets. Have had radio frequency ablation a few times (a needle put into tumour and heats it by radio waves to cauterise the tumour) and surgery 3 years ago. My liver is fine at the moment. I haven't been on the forums in recent years as I've been getting on with life, working, etc.

all the best with your treatment. It always feels better once  treatment starts and they're doing something.

keep your chin up

Jacksy

Highlighted

Thankyou sooty36 I've started docetaxcol herceptin and perjeta I've had two lots feel a bit rough but as long as it works x x x
Highlighted

I was diagnosed with mets in my breast, neck and lungs a year gone July. My Oncologist put me on Herceptin and the mets have virtually disappeared! I will be on Herceptin for ever - every 3 weeks but as long as it's working it's a bonus! I hope this has cheered you up!! Keep fighting and you'll win Julzd.. Best love. Pam X

Highlighted

Hi - so sorry to hear you are joining us. You aren't alone - there are so many positive and inspiring people on this forum who have so much wisdom that it is easy to forget how scary this is and how lonely it can feel. I was diagnosed with secondaries 2 years ago and have had ups and quite a few downs - lots of treatment (some of which works and some of which doesn't) and I have read loads of advice and information about all of it on here. I haven't posted much - but it all the posts have helped and it is practical, informed and helpful. Unlike most of the googling you can do on various websites. Living with secondaries is a bit of a scary roller coaster ride - but there are lots of things to try, loads of things that work for different people and people who have learned to live full, happy (occasionally interrupted by this) lives for years. Hope is what we live on. 

Sending you love and hugs

Highlighted

Thank you I feel a lot better knowing people are living a long time I just feel like I've gone back to the beginning I was only diagnosed in Feb just finishing my treatment this week and they found it now I need to start chemo again it's awful just hope there light at the end of the tunnel x x x 

Highlighted

Hello julzd

I agree with wolfie and everything she has said she has helped to lift my spirits up. I am sorry you have had to join us but you will find lots of ladies who can help you with your mets. I do not have the same as you but we are nearly all in the same situation some days will be dark but we are all here to try and help one another. Join in with the daft goings on at the Cyber Cafe it's a place we can get away from the C word sometimes it is good to be silly. Try not to be too frighten there are many treatments that can help and some women have lived for years.

Best wishes with your new journey xxx

Highlighted

Hi julzd..

I'm sorry that you've not yet had a reply to your post.. Friday and at the weekends this forum does seem to go a bit quiet..

All I can say is that you are going through the worse time at the mo.. It hits you very hard and your mind needs time to accept what's happening.. Take deep breath and take just one moment at a time.. Spk to your family and close friends and accept any help offered.. This time and your feelings will settle down and you will get back to a form of normality...

When is your next appt with your oncologist?? You will feel so much better after that, when you know what you are dealing with.. They will let you know your treatment plan.. And once that is in place you WILL start to function again.. We all know how hard and dark the place you are now in is.. But there are ladies on this forum that have been living with this disease for 10 years..

Another thing I will say is don't google.. It is no help and the statistics and treatments are so out of date...

I don't have lung mets.. Mine are skin and lymph... A lot of the ladies on the forum hang around the bone mets thread, you are more likely to get a reply from someone with liver/lung mets if you post on there.. I hang around on the skin mets thread...

Is there any chance you can get hold of your GP/out of hours.. They maybe able to give you something to cope until this initial period is over.. I took diazepam for the first week or so, just to help with that first shock, body blow your dealing with.. And the whirlwind of diagnostic tests that come thick and fast at first..

I'm so sorry that you have had to join us here.. Keep posting there is so much support and information that you will get from the lovely ladies on here.. They were my lifeline, and still continue to support me!!

I'm sending you loads of cyber hugs.....

Wolfie xxx

Highlighted

just diagnosed with secondary and im terrified ! any good storys

Hi just been diagnosed today with breast cancer its in liver and lungs I'm absolutely terrified and good story's I need cheering up x x x