cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just found out stage 3 breast cancer

20 REPLIES 20
jinny2611

Re: scared of results after op

Thank you for all kind words i think it affecting my family just as much   i think im more frightened is because theres lymph nodes involved and dont know if all clear yet i just keep thinking how long have i had this disease what if i didnt find tht lump just what ifs what ifs

busyanne

Hi Jinny sorry to hear that you feel so afraid and panicy.  You are not alone in this one.  I am still going through treatment and at times feel very afraid, I keep reading stories which have the words breast cancer in them.  However I do come across a lot of stories which are positive and I hold on to that. When I was first diagnosed I thought I would be dead in six months even although my consutant kept telling me I was on the curative programme.  My husband was forever telling me that I was going to be okay but when you are actually the one going through treatment your mind is in a different place.  As I travel along this journey, my GP's words not mine, I have started to get better and am now back at work.  My advice is to keep active or as active as you can I focus on only stories which are positive.  You will start to feel better once you are nearing the end of your treatment.  Thinking of you and hope you start to feel better. Regards. 

Trisha_51

Hello Jinny, so sorry you've had to join our club, but as others have said you'll get a lot of support on this amazing forum. Please look at the Hope and Inspiration thread on the Living With and Beyond Breast Cancer part of the forum, the stories from ladies many years down the line may help to allay some of your fears. I was diagnosed 16 months ago and am now fit and well and enjoying life to the full, I'm sure you will be the same. Most of us have been in some dark places, planned our funerals etc but with the love and support of family, friends and the amazing ladies on this forum have clawed our way out of the hole and into the light. Don't think you are alone, we are all here for you. Just a thought, have you considered counselling, it may help, I know lots of ladies have found it very useful, your BCN would be able to help. Best wishes and (((((big hugs)))), take care Pat x
jinny2611

scared of results after op

I had my op last thursday with full allixary clearance i know theres lymph node invovlement i am petrified ive read to many stories of people passing away just few years later i lay in bed panic attacks every night why my kids are sleeping. Ive had pain in top of back behind breastbone not imagining it i had it well before i got digonosed im a mess i cant get myself out of this dark hole !

jinny2611

Re: just found out stage 3 breast cancer

i cant ring anybody i wouldnt have a clue were to start i can hardly breath never mind talk panic is all over me

Jo_BCC

Hi Jinny

Please do give our helpline team here a ring, they're here to support you through this.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000, lines are open now until 5pm today.  The staff are here for both practical and emotional support so there's absolutely nothing to worry about giving them a call.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

jinny2611

Had my masetomy and axillary clearance as lymph nodes suspected been terrible since just panicky constant thinking the worse im a mess and cant seem to get to grips

hbunny

Hi jinnie, just found this thread and hoping you are recovering well.  Im 46 and also got the grade 3 diagnosis with a 2cm tumour and calcification which needs a further biopsy on tues.  Also aching everywhere and paranoid of spread, think its the tension.  Probably going down the same route as you with a mx on 23rd depending on results of this biopsy and like you scared to death, but equally dont want to live with a time bomb  either - just wishing the op was over and the recovery could start.

Let us all know how you are getting on.

Look after you and stay strong.  Xx hbunnie

keeks

Hi Jinny

welcome to our horrible club.

this is the worst part. The not knowing. Trying to get your head round it. Your body playing tricks on you with aches and pains. 

Everything seems so slow waiting but also too quick. Getting op.  I was given full diagnosis on a wed and got pre op test on friday of the same week. That freaked me out.

once you get more details you can start to process things but the limbo of not knowing is pure torture.

you have come to the right place. We have all been there and found our way.

don't look things up on the internet. You will find loads but until you know your treatment plan you will just waste your time, frightening yourself stupid with things that don't apply to you.

keep posting and take care.

Keeks

jinny2611

My nurse just rang me to tell me all blood tests were ok and chest xray little bit of positvity i think never been so scared in my life god help me thursday x

WP23

Hi Jinny

Sorry to hear your diagnosis, it is a truely horrible time, but you are not alone. It is norrmal to be scared, i am scared too as is every lady usisng this site.

But we are all here for each other and the support here is brilliant i could not have got through it without the support of the ladies here and my friends and family.

I had lumpectomy and SNB on 14th April, still waiting for results! 3 bank holidays is delaying things apparently. It is so hard waiting but i am sure once we all haave our treatment plans we will feel more settled.

Like you i feel that every ache and pain means that the disease has spread. I am trying to stay positive and keeping busy o that i dont think about it every moment of the day and night.

All the very best for your op, we will all be thinking about you xx

Take care xx

Wendy

Jo_BCC

Hi Jinny,

To help you along while your fellow forum users see your post I have put for you below the link to BCC's publication 'Your operation and recovery' which I hope you find helpful.  Also if you need to talk, then our helpline team are just that free phone call away, lines are open until 5pm today 0808 800 6000

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/your-operation-recovery-bcc1...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

jinny2611

Just been for pre op check and im havin masectomy on thursday with axillary clearance im so scared its everywere never felt fear like it they got me in asap as im classed as very anxious patience i appreciate it so much but never been so scared in my life as what i am now were the hell has this disease spread how short is my life going to be?

needhelp

hiJinny keep your chin up we are all with you i to thought it was a death sentence it is just that you are scared but it will pass.its the waiting that gets you down.get those boots on and give it a big kick,once you have a treatment plan you will feel much better. I to am waiting for a plan i was diagnosed on April 14th but do not know the grade yet. keep your pecker up we are all here for you try to keep busy and positive you can do this Sheila x
jinny2611

I hope so i did feel bit swellling and full under breast but thought it was hormones they found one 28mm in right breast which was bening and 2 in left breast which are 28mm that is one with cancer and clusters she rang me straight back and hopefully getting op next week which has made me panic even more because its so quick im living a nightmare i feel pain all over in back and neck and cant help thinking ive had it ages and it spread everywere im such a mess!

busyanne

Hi jinny. It's hard and a long journey ahead of you. Once you have all the information in front of you and the medical plan you will start the process of getting to grips as to what needs to be done. If you are looking at google don't read anything unless the article is current. Better to stay away but sometimes we feel the need to get as much information as we can. I did this but researched all the old stale information. You have a lotto live for and this will get you through it. There are a lot of excellent treatments out there which will be available to you. So think positively and you will cope much better. I will be thinking of you and wish you well God bless. X
busyanne

CelticK

Thinking of you Ginny xx
poemsgalore

Hi Jinny,

So sorry you are having this worry right now. I think you mean Grade 3, the stage won't be known until after surgery. I know you are scared right now, but after you have discussed your treatment options with the surgeon and have a treatment plan outlined, you will feel more in control and able to cope. A lot on here planned out their funeral after diagnosis, but that is just the fear. The majority of BC patients get through their treatment and live very long, happy lives. At your appointment, you will find out if your tumour is hormone positive or negative, HER2 positive or negative, which both determine what type of treatment you will have. If they don't volunteer this information, ask. You will have the choice of lumpectomy or mastectomy, depending on where the clusters and lump are situated.

I was diagnosed on November 1st 2012, had mastectomy with sentinel node biopsy 12th December 2012. My tumour was 3cm and grade 3. Three nodes removed, one with cancer in it. In February 2013 I had chemo, and I'm now on a hormone tablet for at least 5 years. It is all very doable, the worst part is the waiting in between diagnosis, surgery, and the rest of the treatment. 18 months later I am fine and looking forward to a long life ahead of me.

Sending hugs and best wishes

poemsgalore xx

Jo_BCC

Hi Jinny2611

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site who I am sure will be along soon to offer you some much needed suppport.

In the meantime I have put for  you below the link to one of BCC's publications you might find helpful.  Unfortunately due to the Bank Holiday our helpline is closed until Tuesday morning, opening again at 9am - 5pm, please do give our helpline team a ring, they will talk you through what to expect next and help you with any fears or concerns you have.  Calls are free, 0808 800 6000. 

As I am sure other forum users will tell you, try not to google as a lot of the information out there is either out of date or won't be relevant to yourself, stick to websites such as this or MacMillan where the information is more accurate.

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/breast-cancer-you-diagnosis...

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

jinny2611

just found out stage 3 breast cancer

Hello i just got results of stage 3 breast cancer with what look likes clussters elsewere im so scared i go back tuesday to discuss op which looks like is going o be thursday im 44 with 3 childen all i can think is im going to die i cant get this out my head im making myself really ill crying please help me through this