Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just when things are going great

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Re: just when things are going great

Hi Ann

Thanks for asking.
Glad to hear your good news, rads are a doddle compared to chemo, it will soon all be over and what a relief for you.
Latest for me is onc. has decided the lump needs to come out, but need an mri scan first, to make sure it is still contained. So am awaiting an appointment and hopefully then surgery. Which is not what he said last time. I think it is psychological warfare, also there is no point in rads or chemo at the moment as it possibly will come back in the future. As I pointed out I will worry about the future when I get there, but for now would love to get rid of this blasted lump. The annoying thing is it could have been removed a few months ago when it shrunk. Always seems the door is shut after the horse etc;
Never mind life is for living now, thanks again for asking, and good luck

Ann

Highlighted

Hi almas ( Ann ),

Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread since your last post. How are things now, have you seen your Onc since you noticed the increase in size? This is a worrying time for you.Let me know how you are.

I had good news from the biopsy of my other breast. it was just " benign fibrocystic change" and no evidence of cancer.What a relief. I have finished my chemo and now doing 20x rads.

Best wishes,

Ann G.

Highlighted

Hi almas

I'm sorry to read you are feeling anxious at the moment, it may help to talk this through with one of our trained members of staff on the BCC helpline who will offer you a 'listening ear' as well as support and advice. The number is free phone 0808 800 6000 and the line is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm.

I hope you find this helpful.

Kind regards

Sam
BCC Facilitator

Highlighted

Hi Ann

Sorry no one has replied to you post 6 days ago. More sorry that your lump has got bigger. I have a small lump in my axilla and several tumours in my neck ad chest wall. I've had several different chemos but none has shrunk them permanently and they are getting bigger. Hope you have seen your onc now and have a new treatment plan. My onc always talked about my tumours maybe going into partial remission but not complete remission. Talk to your onc about what may happen for you.

best wishes for treatment

Jane

Highlighted

Hi all
well it didn't last very long, started exemestane 3 months ago and lump in axilla started to shrink. About 3 weeks ago did some decorating, so thought the problem with my arm was down to that, overdoing it. Today I rang the onc for an earlier appt. as the lump in my axilla has grown bigger than it was originally. It feels like a plum size lump, and can feel it whenever I move my arm. Has anyone had chemo and had lymph nodes shrink permanently. Unfortunately its not operable because of previous radiotherapy and 2 ops. Starting to feel a little anxious (to say the least).

Anna G, how where your results.

Ann

Highlighted

Hi Ann
Thanks for asking, after watching other people problems on the forum mine seem to pale into insignificance. Looking at the struggles of dippykate, jane and Paula.
The results are def. cancer as original diagnosis, but contained in one single lump, nothing affected on scan, mri and bone.
So good news, have changed to exemestane and lump seems to have definately got smaller, so the decision has been made to just leave things alone, and be vigilant, 3 monthly appointments unless I find or think there is anything else. I feel perfectly fit and well and am still working part time, but feel a bit of an ostrich at the moment, so will not worry until the need arrives, unfortunately I am not herceptin receptive, but hormone pos.
Thanks for asking, hope your results are good.

Highlighted

Hi Ann,

How did it go with your biopsy? Maybe you've already gone in for treatment,as no posting on here since beginning of June.

Hope all goes well for you,whatever the biopsy result was.

I'm waiting for a biopsy of possible new ca this coming week. back to the waiting game.

Love, Ann G

Highlighted

H
Thanks for your replies, as the weekend has gone on I have become more accepting of the situation, and am now thinking more in terms of bring it on, I've done it once I can do it again, its been 7 years since original diagnosis, so here goes for my next 7.
Kathy my lump was in the axilla, where my lymph nodes where removed, so I don't think surgery is an option as I have already had a recurrence there and radiotherapy, just want to get Tuesday out of the way, and find out whats what.
Thanks again for replies, will let you know

Ann

Highlighted

Almas,I''m so glad that you persevered in asking about something you knew felt wrong. I hope that the results will be good for you-and if not, that the treatment won't be too harsh.Will be thinking of you next week.

Highlighted

Hi Ann,

I was offered another WLE and more radiotherapy, but had already made up my mind before I saw the surgeon that I wanted a mastectomy. I knew that the lump was small (turned out to be 12mm) but I didn't trust that breast any more, if you can understand that. I wasn't interested in having a reconstruction, but have never regretted opting for the mastectomy. I know that lots of people have 2 or more successful WLEs in the same breast, but that wasn't what I wanted for my own peace of mind. Mastectomy also meant no more rads which was a bonus. I'm now on Arimidex as I'm highly ER and PR positive.

Kathy xx

Highlighted

Hi
thanks for replying, could I ask what treatment you had Kathy

Ann

Highlighted

Very sorry you now have all this worry again, almas, but well done for persevering about your lump. It seems very wrong that you've been mentioning it for so long and yet it's only now that it's being taken seriously. My recurrence was under my lymph node scar and at first I was told it was scar tissue, When I said I was sure it was new and that it felt like my first lump, I was finally given an ultrasound, followed immediately by mammogram and core biopsy. Guess who was right!

Good luck with your biopsy and I do hope your worries prove to be unfounded.

Kathy xxx

Highlighted

So sorry to hear that you are back on the roller-coaster again. It's just so unfair when you think that you are going along nicely and something nasty pops up to throw you right back to where you do not want to be.

Highlighted

just when things are going great

Diagnosed in 2001 chemo radio, recurrence in 2003 more lymph tissue removed. from 2005 have been telling onc about a lump I can feel, to be told it is scar tissue/
had hyst/ovary removal then had breast reduction on good side in January, and think it looks fantastic, since then have booked a cruise at the end of June. Monday decided enough was enough with this lump under arm, arranged an appointment for today, and told things look suspicious, saw surgeon who explained I need a biopsy, may or maybe operable but looks like more chemo. Booked in for a biopsy under ultrasound on Tuesday. How does your world suddenly crash. I feel numb life goes on and I don't want chemo again, but I know I have to.