Did you mean: 

l am frightened please someone help

2 REPLIES 2
melykins

Re: l am frightened please someone help

Thanks Hollyberry l might just do that
Hollyberry

Re: l am frightened please someone help

Hi Melykins I am the same age as you and have been taking tamoxifen for 14 months. I am also having problem periods. I am having a period at the moment that started on 7th November and is still going on. I have been to see my GP who has referred me to a gynaecologist to find out what is going on. My GP did a blood test which showed I am menopausal but he said I would need another blood test in 6 weeks to check that this is definitely the case as hormone levels can go up and down. If you are not happy with what your GP said it might be an idea to see a different GP and see what they have to say just to give you peace of mind.
melykins

l am frightened please someone help

I started Tamoxifen 17 November and finished radiotherapy 19 November. l started my periods 27 October and not stopped. They go from light to nothing for a few days then light again. I am 50. I went to my GP 8 December, she seemed not worried and said irregular bleeding is common with tamoxifen. If became heavy she could give me something for it. Also she said l am at the stage of entering menopause.. I had problems with my periods for the last 3 years had a cervical smear test , ultrasound, urine and blood tests about a year ago (all negative). They suggested then start of menopause. I see my consultant 19 February.. Should l be worried that something is wrong or go with the GP. Has anyone else on here had issues?