large swelling/lump under arm

Two weeks ago my life was turned upside down i found a lump under my arm , my dr wasnt happy with the swelling and has requested an urgent appointment at the breast clinic. Im trying to stay positive for my kids but the waiting is hard

Hi Pebbles

I am sorry to read that you have this worry, you have come to the right place for support and information and I am sure your fellow users will be along very soon.

In addition, please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your concerns through on 0808 800 6000, lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Sat and they are here to support you through this

You may find the following information helpful to read, it includes a publication from BCC called ‘Referral to a breast clinic’ which you can read online or order a copy:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm\_source=Homepage&%3Butm\_medium=help\_you&%3Butm\_campaign=worried

Best wishes

Lucy

Hi Pebbles75,

Really sorry you find yourself here. The waiting is hard, but you are doing the right thing getting this checked out. If it is breast cancer, then you are giving yourself the best possible chance by starting treatment as early as you can. However, try not to assume the worst. There are other reasons why you might have swellings in your arm pit. My sister has had them for years and, although irritating, her condition is not malignant. Keeping my fingers crossed that you get your appointment quickly, and the breast clinic is able to put your mind at rest.

cyber hugs,
Margaret

thanks guys , i really am trying to stay positive . I think im over worrying due to a family history of breast cancer , ive had a few scares over the years and so far they have been lucky so hopefully i will be this time.
I`m a mother of 4 young boys and would just really like to spend christmas with them worry free .
ive noticed that the breast on the side of armpit has drooped and im alot more exausted than usual, although this could be stress related. i feel like im rambling on and not really saying much.
thankyou for your support guys
michelle xx