cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

last chemo yesterday

10 REPLIES 10
mggdggn@yahoo.co.uk

Re: last chemo yesterday

Just had to say well done on finishing I've 2 more to go then 3 weeks of rads starting 23rd May.... I have never wanted something to finish so much so I will be skipping out of the clinic on my last day. I'm having rads at queens, I hope it is as nice as King George's where I have had all surgery and treatment so far....
Well done you
Maggie x
chascat

Well done Sunshine Lily, it's a fab feeling isn't it? Don't worry about rad's, it's a piece of cake, the hardest bit is finding somewhere to park the car.........

poemsgalore

Sunshine Lilly

Well done on completing your chemo. Hope your rads go well. I'm halfway through my chemo (Fec T) and have been told I will have 15 rads (three weeks) and I'm actually dreading that more than chemo. As I have a lung disease, I'm worried about the effect of rads on lungs, and as it will be on my left side, I'm also concerned about it leaving me with a greater (slightly) risk of heart disease later in life (I'm 62).

All good wishes to you.
Poemsgalore
Cybele

Congraulations!!!

I've got my last chemo on Thursday, neutrophils allowing, and freedom is now so close i can almost taste it...

Am so terrified that it will be delayed,because I don't think I can bear even one more extra week inside the chemo prison..

Hope you can now have a lovely time now enjoying the spring, and that your rads will be easy - i''ve got 3 weeks of rads to come,too, but everyone says there is just no comparison to chemo, and I'm sure they're right!

Happy Easter! Happy Getting Your Life Back! xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

hi morwenna, no i didnt get a bell, my chemo ward is a bit bland to be honest glad i havent got to go back, barley got a goodbye, where you from, im at queens hospital essex,
i was felling quite up about it being my last chemo, would have been nice to get a bell. ow well we cant hve everything ha ah xx
Mindy63

Congratulations. It's the best feeling ever!

Morwenna

Congratulations! I still have 12 Taxol to go, so another three months!

Did you get to ring a bell???
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
How wonderful that you've finished chemo etc. Just don't expect that you'll feel normal straightaway. It doesn't happen.

What does happen is that you feel progressively better over a period of time.

I'm now 5 years out and feel great, but it took a while to get to this state. Your body has been through 'the mill' and needs time to recover, so don't think that you'll be 'back to normal' straightaway. It doesn't happen.
But you will get there., it just takes a bit longer.
catseye

Hi Sunshine Lilly,
Well done on getting through Chemo. I remember when I finished..it felt like I'd been set free.
Please take it easy for a while though, especially as they were a bit reluctant to treat you. Let yourself be looked after and get lots of rest.
I found rads much, much easier than chemo. Tiring and irritating going to the hospital every day, but certainly none of the horrible side effects associated with chemo. You really have done the hardest bit now.
Have a lovely Easter
Guest user
Not applicable

Oh hun.. glad that you are at the end of chemo... I have another 3 sessions left then 3 weeks of rads... one of my chemo buddies at the hospital toldme last Tuesday she would prefer to have rads than chemo.. so that sounds good 🙂 best of luck hun and enjoy your easter egg 🙂 xx
Guest user
Not applicable

last chemo yesterday

Had last chemo yesterday yipeeee, went to hostp at 10 didnt get home till 6, they wanted to cancel my chemo for a week to my body a rest,had lot of probs joint,leg arm, 2 of my fingers dont want to bend, toothach and headach, BUT, bloods came back ok so desided to go ahead, got stronger painkillers, (god knows how im going to feel) but its was my last, and looking forward to geting back to my old self, dreading 5week radio, but it cant be as bad RIGHT
Going to do a shop and treat myself to a big easteregg, wanted to get some plants in, lucky my hubbys home for 5 days! .
,SUN IS SHINNING........
WANTED TO WISH EVRYONE A HAPPY EASTER,
thank you for being here, i wish every one well as can be,
big hugs to all xxx