ld flap reconstruction and mastectomy

i had the surgery 2 weeks ago and still have a lot of discomfort and find it difficult to get comfortable or sleep. pror to this I had 2 wide margin excisions so had 3 0ps in 6 weeks.can anyone give me any idea of when things get a bit easier as I appreciate its still early days.
shargal

Hi I had the operation one year ago on the 8th March (nearly my aniversary) and it is only in the last couple of months that I have felt comfortable sleeping on that side, that isn’t to say that I have been in pain or anything just that it isn’t quite normal. If you have only recently had the op you will probably feel quite tight and as though the recon is something that isn’t quite part of you and is just stuck on. I was told that it would be upto a year before I felt ok …but I was quite happy with the visual result as soon as I saw it so that kept me going.
Hope this helps but if you want to ask more specific questions I will answer x

Hi

I had mine 4 months ago & only started to feel comfortable after about 3 months. Now feels more part of me - never thought it would. So stick with it - it will get easier.
Best wishes

Hi Shargal
It is still early days and you will be in pain. Take the medication regularly and not just when you start to hurt as this helps keep on top of the pain and you’ll find you will sleep better. It also aids recovery and helps you to move better, thus helps prevent post op complications such as frozen shoulder.
I had a bilateral matectomy with ld reconstruction 10 weeks ago. For the first 4 weeks it hurt when I sat back or forward. I found using a v cushion really helped. I still feel quite tight around my back and chest but painfree.
Take care
Dee

Hi shargal,

I had my recon 3 years ago. It does take some time for your body to settle down, 2 weeks is very early yet, so keep doing your exercises regularly and be patient. You will get to the stage where your body will feel good again, but it does take a bit of time.

Hi shargal i had ld flap on 9thjan its getting easier now still sore and my back still filling with fluid.It will get easier 2wks early another few weeks u will feel alot better

hi all got mine on 9/3 so thnx for all your comments xxxxxxxx
hope you dont mind me intruding on your thread x