leaky nipple

I had some dark coloured blood coming from my right nipple for about a week, saw gp who tried to reassure me it was probably nothing but wanted to send me for ultrasound & mammogram, should have appt within 2wks. Anyone had similar symptoms & what was outcome ?? Spent a day & a half in shock but now just want to get tests done & get answers.

Hiya, Blood coming from your nipple always needs investigating but it doesn’t always mean it’s anything sinister, yes it is a symptom of Breast cancer but it’s just one of many,I know it’s a really anxious wait now but try not to let your mind run ahead of its self, it’s all too easy to self diagnose but in the majority of cases ladies walk away from the clinic with the all clear. You should almost certainly get an appointment within 2 weeks as that is the norm, just try and focus on getting to your appointment and nothing beyond, dealing with this in stages is the best way most of us find to cope with it, just bite sized pieces to take in! Xx Jo 

Thanks Jo. Had mini meltdown, being sensible now, no point worrying until I know what’s happening.xx