letrozole and blurred vision

I am starting a thread on behalf of my mother who is 85, with stage 4 breast cancer for which she did not seek treatment or tell any one about until June this year.  She is on letrozole, and has so far resisted radiotherapy, but after 4 months on letrozole is now experiencing blurred vision which she is attributing to the drug as she has her eyes tested regularly and has never had any sight problems.  As she strongly values being able to drive she is going to stop taking letrozole and sees her doctor this Thursday.  The guidance that comes with letrozole mentions vision problems as a very rare side effect.  Wonder if anyone else has experienced it?  She considers herself fortunate to have got to 85 and can “afford” to stop the hormone therapy but worries about younger people experiencing this.  Wondered if anyone has and whether it lasts/gets worse.  I notice others mentioning cataract deterioration with anastrozole/arimidex.    Thank you

Hi mimi14

I’m sorry you haven’t had any replies to your questions as yet, but hopefully someone will now see your post and reply.  In the meantime our helpline staff will be only too happy to talk to you so please do give them a call.  Calls to the helpline are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator