local recurrence already?

hello everyone… looking for some advice/ guidance etc.

quick background: WLE april 09. 2.8cm IDC. 8/8 disease free nodes but lymphovascular invasion present. deep margin only fraction of mm from chest wall with DCIS extending to edge of this margin.

currently on FEC 5/6. last one due 28-08-09.
the issue is i have felt a cluster of enlarged lymph nodes in armpit and one near my sternum. noticed this about two weeks ago.
i have contacted BC nurse and an MRI is arranged for next week. i’m obviously worried that it is cancer spreading already!
has anyone else had similar?
BCN says its highly unlikely and probally reactive lymph nodes to the initial surgery. what do you think? help!!

forgot to add … grade 3.

Hi Redcell, just want to say good luck - sorry, haven’t been in a similar position, but rooting for you - hope its a good outcome.
xxMonica

thanks monica. xxx

I too was dx last May with grade 3, 3cms and 3/24 nodes affected. It’s my worst nightmare.

Hope you’re fine.

Malx

Hi Redcell

Hi redcell

I’m not really qualified to answer your question and I hope someone is along soon who is. I have just had a regional recurrance in a lymph node that was missed at surgery. The description of enlarged lymph nodes under your arm pits and by your stermum are certainly nothing like the pea sized lump that I first detected nearly one year on from surgery which has now been removed. I have just had results of MRI scan which were negative.

I do hope you get it all checked out asap with a positive outcome.

All the best Anne x

thankyou for your replies. anyone else please don’t feel too worried to reply to me if you think my situation sounds bad. i’d rather know the truth… xx

Just wanted to wish you luck for next week’s MRI

Love

Jane x