lost my mojo again - 1 1/2 years in of Zolodex and anastrozole - help!

OK, 2 lots of breast cancer, first treatment all the works, 1 year later another lump found and removed.

Stopped taking tamoxifen and put on monthly zolodex injections and anastrozole.

In the last 6 weeks i have 2 trips to a and e with my racing heart - SVT, last time i had to be shocked. luckily they knocked me out but my poor hubby had to see it all :frowning: off to hospital next week for a procedure to fix it!

any way i am feeling exhausted, go to work head throbbing the whole time, not a headache but just a weird sensation. come home and have a nap! and then feel better. the house is always in a state of chaos. i even started writing a list of the jobs that needed doing, as there is satisfaction in crossing it off.

i have lost the motivation to go to the gym and therefore have put on weight which is making me miserable.

Oh and my son is back from university today, very exciting but also anxious for him and us all as the dynamics in the house will change. and then daughter studying for A2’s at the moment.

So, what am i asking?

Is this normal - saw my breast surgeon yesterday and was told to ‘grin and bear or is it bare?? :) it’ !

and

any top tips in coping greatly received?

thanks

Hi 26Bigfoot

Sorry you haven’t had any replies to your post as yet, but hopefully someone will now see it and reply.  I have put for you below the link to BCC’s moving forward publication which I hope may help.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/about-breast-cancer-care/moving-forward-resource-pack-patients-living-beyond-breast-cancer-bcc197

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/moving-forward/moving-forward-support-you-after-treatment-sm23

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi 26 bigfoot, just seen your post and sorry to hear you’re going through a bit of a dip. And that’s what it is, a dip and nothing deeper. I know we are told to stay strong and positive and I do belive we have to, but it’s still so flippin hard. I am on anastrozole and not too bad but there are some probs. You are being tested at the moment and you are getting there. Take deep breaths, look in the mirror and that lovely lady that has being hiding will appear, maybe just a tiny bit she will come out and play. We have to carry on and on those crappy days we have to tell them to clear off!  so, my special lady we are all here for one another, lets jog on!  Keep in touch lol xxxxx

Hi I am about to go for mammogram 2 years on from mastectomy chemo radiation. I feel for you cos after treatment I felt crap and its only in the last month or so I am feeling better. The menopause has a lot to answer for, feelings of anxiety and dread I never experienced before and it is def hormonal. Rest and be kind to yourself and sometimes just take to your bed with a book saying this too will pass.

Grin and bare it REALLY she hasn’t had CANCER then WOW

All I can say if u have a good day relish it as soon there’s another bad one. It’s a nitemare. Off work at the min can’t even go in had a meltdown in work. Manager wanting me to do a new job for a few days. Me with my memory and cognitive dysfunction and side effects from chemo and medication. Good look for them as it entailed being with public. Sweats and can’t speak without getting words wrong. Oh yes trying to remember new paperwork etc. the young ones say yes u will be fine. WAKE UP. Get ur brain in gear before u say such stupid incentive things.