Did you mean: 

low white blood count

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: low white blood count

Sorry this is late , thank you for the advice xxx

Highlighted

Hi Marie,  I have been neutropenic after every chemo.  The first three times I ended up in hospital as I ended up with infections as a result.

I then had my chemo changed as it wasn't doing the job anyway, and I managed to stay out of hospital after the first session of the new one but my second session of the new one had to be delayed by a week as my neutrophils were still too low on my chemo due date , so I am guessing I was neutropenic the week before and didn't know it, 

I decided to just try to keep away from crowds and I just take it easy when I'm feeling unwell as trying to fight through the fatigue just seems to make it worst.  

Of of course I still keep an eye on my temp every day as it's not worth risking a possible infection. 

I hope you are feeling a bit better now x

Thank you ladies , much appreciated M xxxx
Highlighted

Hi M, I was worried re Nutrapenia, so my onc kindly put me on Filgrastim/Neupogen, and have been very well so farxx

Moijanxx💚💚💚

Highlighted

Hi M, sorry to hear about your wbc..hope its on the rise now and that your treatment takes effect. I had neutrpoenia once |(not sure if its the same thing) and i then had injections so i didnt have to miss any treatments. Others may be more help but i suggest you be kind to yourself, listen to your body and rest as much as possible. Hopen you feel better soon. xx

Highlighted

low white blood count

Hi all, just after some advice. WBC crashed recently , treatment was stiopped for a while. Back on treatment hoping count is now going the right way. Feeling very tired ,any tips would be gratefully received. M xxx