Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lump on scar

4 REPLIES 4
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: lump on scar

Hi Marjay, I had about 3 of these appear of a 5 year period too and each time like you I was worried to death and fortunaty each time they were harmless either fatty tissue or scar tissue.

Do like you say and get the lump checked out but just wanted to give you some relief knowing these lumps seem fairly common.

Best of Luck Ann B XXX

marjay12

Hi Lisa and Janet,

I will contact the hospital tomorrow and will let you know how I get on,
Thanks for your support,

Marjay

Janet_BCC

Dear marjay12

I am sorry you are feeling so worried. I am sure the other forum members will soon be along to support you.

Breast Cancer Care would always recommend that you see a health professional if you are worried, but don't forget you can also contact our Helpline for a "listening ear", information and support. They will be open at 9.00am tomorrow. 0808 800 6000

Very best wishes

Janet
BCC Facilitator

ljmostlyautumn

Hi Marjay. If I were you I would contact the hosp straightaway for a scan and reassurance. What have you got to lose? They won't mind at all, trust me. The same thing happened to me on opp side to mastectomy. Breast Unit got me straight in for an ultrasound - no messing about if u have had Breast cancer! Ultrasound was fine, and they said it was a harmless cyst. BUT I wasn't worried anymore - and that is the point. After our horrendous experiences we all freak out to find a lump. Don't leave it honey, take extra special care of yourself. Lots of love,
Lisa.

marjay12

lump on scar

Hi,
I just need a bit of reassurance please. I had a left mx and immediate diep recon Oct '09 for extensive DCIS and then had a reduction and uplift to the non affected side in April '10. My first year anniversary has come and I have my mammo booked for 16th Sept.
The problem is that I have developed a lump on the scar of my reduced breast. It started as a small pin prick white mark last week and has grown to a significant lump in less than a week. HELP!!
I don't have much contact with my bcn and am not due to see my surgeon unti the 1st Sept. I suppose I ought to contact my GP in the first instance but I am so worried that rational thought seems to have left me!
Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks,
Marjay xxx