lump plus more symptoms..

Hi all

I (27yr old female) found a lump in my left breast last night (although i think i felt something a few weeks ago but stupidly ignored it) and i cannot work out what the lump feels like at all! Sometimes its prominent, sometimes not, sometimes its moving and sometimes i feel like its attached. Sometimes it hurts and sometimes it doesn’t. I’m so confused :frowning: I went to my doctor today and she literally didnt say anything but has referred me for an ultrasound scan.

Anyway, my main problem is that; just the lump i could deal with - actually this morning i was thinking; ok lumps can mean anything! Its probably nothing BUT since coming home and properly inspecting my breasts i feel like i have too many other symptoms that make it seem like BC. For example, my left breast seems to have got bigger than the right and i am noticing a darker brown ring/patches around my nipples - i never noticed this before but maybe they have been like that for ages?! I feel stupid for not knowing but i dont know if thats how they were or i am seeing things. Does anybody know if the right nipple would/could get affected even though the lump is in my left breast?

I dont know what to think - i cannot wait the 2 weeks for the scan! I dont have anyone to talk to so just thought i would post on here.

Thanks. x

gia oo

Hello and welcome.

What you are experiencing perfectly normal because your anxiety monster has taken over your rational mind and you are thinking that every ache pain means that it is cancer and that it has spread.

It is very unusual for ladies of your age to be diagnosed with breast cancer and there are many other benign breast conditions that it could be so try as much as possible to put it out of your mind for now. 

We always advise new ladies to avoid Dr google as there is so much out of date and misinformation on there that you could scare the living daylights out of yourself.

With rational head on, if you think your breast is going to ache because you keep prodding and pushing it.  Your breasts could have always been the way you describe and quite a lot of ladies have one breast that is slightly bigger than the other .  Please do not feel stupid because you arent, you are scared.

Keep coming on here whenever you need support as there will always be someone on here to help.

Let us know how you get on when you get your appointment through.  You will get through the next couple of weeks and we will be here to help.

Sending you a hug

Helena xx

Hi Helena,

Thanks so much for the quick reply, i appreciate it :slight_smile:

You are totally right in everything you say and i wish i had avoided Dr Google and also Dr Youtube :wink: haha. I am feeling a little bit better today but still anxiously waiting - i will definitely update after i have been seen.

Thanks again. x

Hi Gia, listen to the ladies on here.

If it’s a lump then get it checked out. Don’t poke and pride at it as it will make it painful.  Your mind will be in overdrive worrying, so the sooner you have it checked,the better. X

Hi ladies,

Thanks for the other replies. I have my ultrasound scan tomorrow and i dont want to go! :frowning:

I’m worried sick, i was fine for a while but i have been googling about 27 year olds suddenly getting breast cancer etc.

I have had breast pain the past couple of days which im kind of happy about (oddly!) because i’ve read that cancer doesnt usually hurt (although i suppose it varies)

I am keeping this to myself because i dont want my mum to worry so i am going alone tomorrow. Do you typically get an answer after your ultrasound? - They tell you; ok its a cyst etc or ok its cancer?

Thanks again xx

Gia

Take someone with you tomorrow if you can.  If you can’t, then take a notebook and write down what they say - if there is anything significant for them to say.  It’s so easy for everything to go in one ear and straight out the other if you are in an anxious state.

Thanks both :slight_smile:

I dont have anybody to go with, i feel like id prefer going alone anyway.

About them giving me information - so they are going to tell me after the ultrasound scan? I had an ultrasound on my knee once (which is obv different) but they never told me anything!

I really hope i am on here tomorrow with good news.

x

gia

Not sure if you have had your apt yet, but thinking about you xxx

Great news! :slight_smile:

In less than 5 seconds of the ultrasound the radiologist told me “so you have a cyst” - i got a bit emotional haha which i am so embarrassed about now! But i was just sooo relieved! I feel a bit stupid but even the lovely nurse was telling me its totally natural to assume the worst.

Really can’t thank you all enough for the kind words and advice. xxx