Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lump suspicious

23 REPLIES 23
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: lump suspicious

Hello Everyone.

Am new to this forum, and having read through this thread of encouragement, am very impressed and so glad I joined. so sorry badjaffa, but your comments and questions have helped educate me a lot.

Guest user
Not applicable

How did it go? I am in the same boat and am thinking the worse! I cant eat or sleep

Cinderssarah

Hi badjaffa
My children are 19 and 23 and an 18 year old stepdaughter. The BCN told me to be honest with them and they have coped really well.
Good luck in telling them and your journey x
Guest user
Not applicable

I have six children between the ages of 14 -23, they have been through so much in there short life, scared of how this will affect them.
Bowl_of_cherri

Hi Badjaffa, sorry to hear your news, you didn't say how old your children are? If they are young the publication Poemsgalore mentioned maybe appropraite. My children are a lot older and one of my daughters text me and asked was I ok? (Not knowing about the BC scare) I had been walking around with a worried look for 4 weeks since finding the lump and any plans had been put on hold. I asked her to come round becauseI had something to tell her. Telling her was the best thing I did. She said she knew there was something wrong and she even told her much younger sister for me and reassured her that it could be treated Ever since she has been there for me and is very supportive. The youngest is an older teen, has taken it all in her stride and like most teens is very wrapped up in her own world. Good Luck Kathyx
Lola65

Hi Badjaffa,

So sorry to read about your news. In a few days when it has sunk in a bit more you can always speak to your breast nurse who can go through it all with you, and you will have had time to think of some questions to ask. Good luck with telling your children. xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

No they didn't say if it was er positive, don't think they know yet. They didn't talk about it, but didn't sink in.
Boxofrogs

Sorry for all the typo's I think I you'll get the gist.
Boxofrogs

So sorry to hear the news. I completely fell apart when I got the news and the frien I was with was freaked out at the state I got myself. Thfirest thing that popped into hey head was how to tell mt 16 year load son, who was in the middle of revising for GCSE's. Friend was really scared how I was gonna manage the discussion with son, but I pulled myself together and told it to him, pretty much as it had been told to me, that it was very scary but very treatable and that I had no intention of dying any time soon. Children are far more resilient than we give them credit. He completely took it in his stride. He was very insistent that he not be kept in the dark about anything. With this reassurance he has human aged magnificently. At times he has been far more sensible, an emotionally in control than me. Good luck.
poemsgalore

Hi badjaffa

so sorry to hear your diagnosis. But you won't have the full details until after surgery. Have they said if it is ER positive or not? As for explaining it to your children, I don't know how old they are, but if they are quite young. there is a book available on this site:
http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/diagnosed-breast-cancer/mummys-lump-bcc164

Thinking of you
Poemsgalore xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Confirmed that I have breast cancer, grade two. Have to have a lumpectomy followed by radiotherapy and a biopsy to look at the lymph nodes, im devastated, how do I tell my children?
Guest user
Not applicable

Will be thinking about you tomorrow's badjaffa xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you for all of your kind words and wishes xx
melly04

yes I know what you mean when I was told it WAS breast cancer I wasn't really as shocked as I could have been. I just want it treated and carrying on 'normally' with life is difficult while waiting for results but that must happen as much as you can as you can't influence things. Talking helps A LOT and getting lots of sympathy too. Very difficult situation to be in.
maggiemay22

Hi badjaffa.

As the others have said, the waiting really is the worst part. It was quite a relief for me to be told that it was breast cancer. At least then I knew what I was dealing with. I remember being told "Hope for the best but prepare for the worst". Breast cancer is very treatable these days and you'll be surprised how many people have it.

Good luck for Wednesday. I get the results of my second WLE on Wenesday too.

(((hugs)))

Maggie xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thank you all for your very supportive comments will do my best to stay positive. X
Bowl_of_cherri

Also best wishes Glenlass for your results on Wednesday .Kathy xx
Bowl_of_cherri

BadJaffa don't go beating yourself up. You have done the right thing by having it checked out. In the past 20 yrs BC treatments have moved on so much. You are in an awful place at the moment. It's called the unknown. Nobody even the experts can tell you exactly what the results of your lump will be; until the biopsy results come on Wednesday. Take someone with you on Wednesday, I wish you all the best, but remember even if it is BC its not the end of the world and its treatable . In the mean time when you think your going out your mind with worry come on here and say it, there are so many people like you,who have been or are in the "waiting room" . The Helpline on here is also excellent and gave me reassurance when I was waiting for results. Big cyber hugs and best wishes for Wednesday Kathy xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
i was in a very similar situation. I had a lump for a few months and the only I went to get it checked out was because my breast was very painful. He didn't like the look of my lump either. After a few biopsies and a few scans I had my results on Friday to say it was breast cancer and my choices where to have a mastectomy or start with chemo to reduce it then hopefully a lumpectomy.
The waiting is horrible as you can't focus on anything else but "what ifs" I actually drove myself crazy lol but I do know that it's very treatable and not the end of the world. I feel better in myself now that I know and feel I am ready to handle the next stage. I'm not saying it will b easy but I know what I'm dealing with and my BC nurse is at the end of the phone to help me with any questions I have.
I hope both your results are good news but if not there is do much help around to help you to deal with it. I have found the people on here brilliant as I myself am new to this too.
Good luck both of you and please let us know how u get on xxx
Boxofrogs

You both can do some cyber hand holding. Yes, the waiting is awful. I too reflect back and think I knew something was wrong for months before I sought help. I, and 3 doctors couldn't ever actually feel a lump, but I knew my boob didn't feel right. I eventually mentioned it to a friend who was very forceful in telling me to get it checked. I was quite cross with myself for saying anything because I couldn't ignore Her advice. So, I was horrified when I eventually found out how big my lump was. I was convinced I was a gonner. But BC is very treatable, if that is what you are facing. You will cope, but lets hope your story ends at the getting the results stage.
Roisdara

Good luck Badjaffa, please don't over interpret their language. In my own experience - last week at the clinic they told me my lump was just a Fibroadenoma, nothing to worry about. Then proceeded to take 4 core biopsies guided by ultrasound. Then saw very rude consultant who said "whatever it is, we'll take it out as it's a big one" (34x24mm). The breast care nurse gave me her no and told me to call back on Fri am for my results. Got the shock of my life when she told me I have a suspected Border line Malignant Phyllodes Tumour which is a rare type of breast cancer. I had b4 cells in biopsy. Still reeling. I meet with a surgeon next week to discuss the way forward, ct and mri scans then hopefully just a WLE, depending on margins. I guess my point is, yes, prepare yourself for your own peace of mind but the clinics are busy places so take language with a pinch of salt.
Good luck to you both
Guest user
Not applicable

Yes its the waiting and not knowing, good luck too for Wednesday x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi
i get my results on Wednesday too. The waiting is awful but you get a lot of support on this forum.
As other posters have said, all you can do is try to stay positive but at the same time, try to prepare yourself for bad news.
i am at the stage now that I just want to know one way or the other.
Good luck for Wednesday xx
Guest user
Not applicable

lump suspicious

I went for my first appointment yesterday, had a mammogram and xray, was then told it wasn't a cyst but a solid mass and the lump looked suspicious so had to have a biopsy. Get my results on Wednesday and im now thinking the worst. Really thought they would say say it was a cyst
but what makes it worse is I've had the lump for months, am so angry with myself that I didn't go sooner
need some advice on how to get through the next few days.