cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lumpectomy and removal of nipple

5 REPLIES 5
Swimmer25r0

Re: lumpectomy and removal of nipple

Many thanks. I will be grateful for the support nearer the time.
Best wishes
Swimmer25rO
kitten_mad

Mostly from the legs and a little bit from the tummy. It is quite sore afterwards though and a lot of bruising. Some people are unaffected though - I suppose it depends on how you bruise normally maybe! Now that the dressings are off the whole breast looks much better than it did without a nipple, much more sort of finished!! It is really clever how they do it as well. Feel free to PM me if you need more details. You just click on someone's name to send them a personal message.

All the best with it

K M x

Jo_BCC

Hi Swimmer25r0

Our helpline team are just a free phone call away if you would like to talk to someone about your concerns rather than reading about it, they're here to support you through this both emotionally and practically.  0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Swimmer25r0

Hi KM!

Thanks so much for your post - I have only just seen it today - I am new to the forum and hadn't been on lately.

I'm glad you thought it worth going through it and your pain has eased.

I had my appointment with the BSurg and he said he could make me a nipple with local anaesthetic but then on looking at my breast he said the nipple would be higher up than on my other breast and would I like to have an uplift!  Therefore it would be general anesthetic, which I will be a bit nervous about.  It would be good to have an uplift though.  Also it would be good to have a bit of filler - I did not mention that.  So with you it was taken from the legs?

I'm not too educated on all this as I seem to frighten myself when I look up on cancer sites!

Hope you are doing well.

Best wishes

Sr250

kitten_mad

I had a new nipple made last Wednesday. It was made from the breast skin (LD flap so still really the back skin), I can't actually see it yet but it certainly looks a lot better than before even with the dressings still on! Don't think you can get the tattoo at the same time but have to wait until the new nipple settles down. I also got some lipofill to even up the new breast and give it a better shape, the lipo was sore afterwards with bad bruising on the legs but with the painkillers it is getting better every day. Despite the pain from this I would defo recommend going ahead with the op if he offers you the chance to have it done. Please PM if you need any more details

K M x

Swimmer25r0

lumpectomy and removal of nipple

Hello

I have had chemo and will be finished with radiotherapy after 8 days.  I will be seeing my surgeon soon and wondered if he may offer me another operation to replace my nipple (with a tatoo?).  Has anyone had this reconstruction and would you recommend it.  Thank you.