cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lumpectomy then mastectomy

9 REPLIES 9
Kess

Re: lumpectomy then mastectomy

1 week on is not very long. just recovering from the anaesthetic takes time... give yourself some space to feel a bit feeble. Its good you can read and watch TV at least. one thing I will say is you really should do your exercises they will make a massive difference to regaining full movement. I am almost 8 weeks post op (MX and ANC) and have almost normal movement but I did my exercises three times a day every day till last week when I started slacking a bit 🙂
kk

Hi 1 week on. Good days and bad days. Most of the time ok but yesterday was depressed and I dont know why? Has anyone else had days like this? Thought I would feel a bit brighter a week on, but dont actually feel like doing anything apart from reading and watching dvd's. Dont have any enthusiasm to do anything but know I should be slowly building up my strength. I must admit I havent felt like doing many exercises as my drain has only just come out so just need to get into gear and crack on.

Kk

Melena

I am glad all went well for you. I had a MX last year. You just take it easy and let the family look after you.Don't try to do things too soon.

Good luck

Debtex

Great that you are home kk . I'm finding that my husband is improving as time goes on with the chores etc . Initially he offered me the dogs bath towel after my first post surgery shower ... Bet I can guess the conversational exchange after that !!! Xx
kk

Hi. Op went ok on Thursday. Was sent home yesterday morning and now resting. Dont feel any pain. Just uncomfortable with 1 drain in. Not sure what I expected seeing fluid in the drain, bit of a shock. Nurse seemed happy with the flow anyhow. Nursing and waitress skills improving from my husband and the dog keeps coming upstairs to check on me. Daughter coming tomorrow to cook lunch so plenty support. Thanks for all your kind words to a complete stranger. XxSmiley Very Happy

FridaK

I hope everything went well yesterday. 

Mel66

Hi kk

Hope your op went well and you're feeling comfortable.

Unfortunately, I found, during this journey things often seem to appear out of the blue and knock us sideways. It's often the case that treatment plans seem to grow and grow. My initial plan was MX, reconstruction and hormone therapy. Suddenly ANC got thrown into the mix and then chemo raised its ugly head. Unfortunately this sort of thing is pretty common. The mammograms, scans and biopsies can only give a good indication of what they're looking at but the full picture isn't revealed until they actually get in there.

It takes a lot out of you, emotionally, coming to terms with what's happening to your body and to keep having to readjust to the new situation. Yet again you have to get your head around what's been suddenly thrown into the mix can which has come as a shock. It's not easy.

Gentle hugs xx
Debtex

Hi kk sorry to hear that , I had to have a second op to get clear margins , I was very upset so I can imagine an inkling of how you are feeling . Hard as it is the over riding outcome is so you will be free of the nasty thing . Very best wishes xx
songbird68

Hi KK, Good luck today! I'm sorry to hear you have to have more surgery. I hope the surgery goes well and you recover quickly. I didn't have the same as you, but just wanted to send support.
good luck with everything and hope to hear from you soon:)
x x
kk

lumpectomy then mastectomy

Hi had lumpectomy on 4th Sept. All was going well, wound healed very well. Then the blow hit me, at next clinic when I was told that I now needed a mastectomy which is being done tomorrow.  Dont really know howto feel, know that I hve to get rid of the cancer and have to have Iit done, but wish I had seen this coming. Anyone else experienced this at all?