cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lumps by scar lines

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: lumps by scar lines

Great news that the biopsy came back all clear. So glad that you were able to have a good holiday. I think for all of us learning to live with a niggling doubt in our minds is a difficult part of the "after treatment has finished" stage of this whole thing. Sometimes it's going to be worse than others (especially when we go for follow ups or read about people who get recurrences). The way I cope with it is to accept what I know to be true - it is more likely than not that the cancer has been treated and won't be back, and I try to live life that way. What I do know is that now at least I am fit and healthy and well and on that basis am making the most of each day, making plans, and enjoying life. If every I have to deal with cancer again I will, but it's had enough of my time over the past seven months and I don't want it dominating my life now! I think everyone gets fed up and grumpy sometimes - thank goodness to be able to let it all out here! All I would say is that if the really frightened feelings are dominating your life and affecting your relationships and you in a bad way then it might be worth talking to your doctor about that. Very best of luck. Sarah x

Highlighted

Thanks for this - I had the same Dr as last time who said it was a blood clot and it was actually a 2.2cm grade three cancer - he said it was scar tissue and that I wouldn't need a biopsy - so there was a slight battle of wills and I won - I had the biopsy and it came back negative so he was right - this time. I resented the fact that I had to stamp my feet a little to get this done - especially bearing in mind the historical wrong results.

Anyway I went on hols and had a good time and am now "coping" again - does the fear ever go away? I struggle sometimes - I'm frightened to make long term plans, I'm frightened to be too positive and I'm fed up of people saying "I have to get on with it"................ and I'm obviously grumpy at the momet - sorry folks.

Highlighted

Just wondering whether you have had any results back yet, and how you are coping. So sorry that you are going through this really upsetting and unsettling time, and am thinking of you. Sarah

Highlighted

Thanks Kathy - I saw my consultant on Tues but was told there would be a wait for the scan and biopsy so to be honest I'm paying the £476 and having it done privately. What I am at a loss about is that my Onc told me it was good news I was triple negatve as it was a less agressive cancer - now I find out it may be less aggressive but more likely to come back............. of course I am now imagining it is everywhere again and am in bits to be honest.

Highlighted

Hi Withajay,

Very sorry you now have all this worry again, Seven years after my first bc I found a lump right under my lymph node scar and at first I was told it was scar tissue, When I said I was sure it was new and that it felt like my first lump, I was finally given an ultrasound, followed immediately by mammogram and core biopsy. It turned out to be a small local recurrence and 3 years on I'm doing well. Is your consultant actually planning to investigate this lump? Sometimes you really have to push as I did, but it's better to know, so that if it is a recurrence, it can be treated.

Wishing you the best of luck

Kathy xx

Highlighted

Hi withajay

While you wait for the other forum users to reply with their experiences please feel free to contact the BCC helpline and talk this through with one of our trained members of staff, who will be happy to offer you a 'listening ear' as well as support and advice if needed. The number is free phone 0808 800 6000 and the line is open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm and Saturdays 9am to 2pm.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards

Sam
BCC Facilitator

Highlighted

lumps by scar lines

Hi everyone.......... I've just found a lump right by the scar line of my lymph node removal - I've seen my consultant who was very evasive and said it could be lots of things including a stitch or scar tissue or obviously "what we don't want it to be". Obviously I'm frightened to hell and back. I had grade 3 2.2cm lump removed in Sept 2006 with chemo and rads afterwards had 28 lymph nodes removed all of them were clear - I suppose what I'm asking is how commonn are these lumps afterwards and what is the likelihood it is a recurrence?